Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of MEL Coordinator.
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. DG East aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and effectively promote civic awareness, social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement, and the benefits of broad integration into the Euro-Atlantic community through more responsive local governance in areas most affected by conflict and divisive influences. The position will be based in Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk. Applicants should please designate their preferred location.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Assist program staff with drafting and/or reviewing activity database entries on activity development.
· Support the development of activity MEL plans, including indicators and data collection tools.
· Assist program staff and grantees with monitoring activities to ensure that all required data, outcomes, and impact evidence are comprehensively captured in a timely manner and entered into the activity database.
· Edit and/or assist program staff in drafting impact and results summaries for active grants and/or other reporting as required.
· Contribute to report preparation to ensure that reports capture results and impact, not only volume of activity.
· Together with other project staff, conduct site visits and attend grantee events and activities to collect data for monitoring and evaluation, and document field trips in the database and through photographs, focus groups discussions, interviews, observations, stakeholder meetings, etc.
· Organize scheduling and logistics of field data collection.
· Liaise with the Grants Management Unit staff to ensure consistency of qualitative information being collected and captured for database entries.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the MEL Manager (Kyiv), Chief of Party (Kyiv), or Deputy Chief of Party (Kramatorsk), Regional Director/ Governance Lead (Severodonetsk).
· Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required; experience working with USAID or other development funders a plus
· Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web browsers, and email.
· Proficiency of working on data analysis applications.
· Excellent communications and writing ability and demonstrated successful interpersonal skills.
· Prior experience and an understanding of civil society strengthening, and/or local governance are preferred.
· Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners and partners;
· Fluent Ukrainian and Russian required; proficiency (written and spoken) in English strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with their technical area of expertise and preferred location listed in the subject line by January 11, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”