Програма розвитку ООН шукає Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Associate. Дедлайн - 12 грудня 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015. In response to the situation, in 2016, UNDP has established a Project Office in eastern Ukraine with a view to consolidate and deliver the various recovery and governance projects through a comprehensive, area-based Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP) in five conflict-affected oblasts: Donetsk and Luhansk (Government Controlled Areas), as well as Zaporizhzhya, Dnipro, and Kharkiv oblasts. RPP frames UNDP’s interventions in Eastern Ukraine to address the recovery needs of conflict affected population and communities. The Programme Component has three components focusing on: (1) economic recovery and restoration of critical infrastructure; (2) restoration of governance and support to decentralization reform; (3) strengthening community security and social cohesion. To ensure the activities and results are regularly monitored, evaluated and reported, UNDP invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the M&E and Innovation Specialist and overall guidance from the RPP Programme Manager , the M&E Associate will be responsible to provide overall support in developing the capacities of UNDP spersonell and partners in relation to Programme M&E, and facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing. The M&E Associate will work closely with the RPP and Country Office (CO) M&E team staff to ensure M&E requirements are fulfilled and the M&E Framework is reported against in a timely manner with required quality checks and M&E of the entire Programme is performed to the highest standards in line with UNDP CO guidelines and procedures.
Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
Ensures Quality Reporting, Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment & Research Planning through:
- Support development and refinement of the Programme results and M&E framework, ensures that the Programme Components have results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets established at output and activity level;
- Support development and revision of RPP project proposals by ensuring highest quality standards in terms of theory of change, quality results frameworks as well as M&E activities;
- Assist in establishment and coordination of effective mechanisms of monitoring the Programme implementation including development of evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches;
- Support timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies;
- Support preparation of the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Plan capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects, according to the annual work plans and log frame according to the UNDP quality standards;
- Assist in providing technical advice to ensure that a set of RPP performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary, in the context of the multi-year and annual M&E Plans, the Annual Management Plan and Annual Work Plans;
- Ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardised across Programme Components to feed into to programme performance monitoring;
- Ensure that information and data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner through policy briefs, narrative internal and external reports;
- Support the development, design and execution of a comprehensive information management system;
- Support monitoring and analysis of key programme performance and management indicators, provision of professional input into management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports;
- Ensure that evaluations, assessments and other M&E products are designed and implemented in accordance with established UNDP quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely manner to stakeholders in order to improve RPP performance and contribute to wider learning;
- Assist in implementation and management of evaluation policies, strategies and processes focusing on achievement of the results;
- Provide technical support to RPP team and senior management in planning and management of thematic, country programme/project M&E activities and evaluations; follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensure the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations;
- Ensure quality and timely evidence-based and results reporting to donors, partners and internally by facilitating and contributing to external and internal reports and other communication products, quality assurance and general coordination between the relevant components in provision of written products;
- Ensure quality contributions to the annual Results-Oriented Annual Reporting (ROAR), including provision of quality Programme data according to a predefined set of indicators and other requirements, etc.;
- Support the process of UNDP quality results reporting by provision of M&E information for ATLAS, Transparency Dashboard as well as facilitating the process of Programme/project Quality Assurance and Monitoring;
- Support the maintenance of relevant RPP databases, collection of best practices, lessons learned to be used for M&E and communication purposes;
- Support RPP M&E activities by drafting relevant TORs, organizations of assessments, studies, research and polling;
- Support CO planning, monitoring and reporting exercises by providing practical inputs and quality assurance of UNDAF/CPD, IWP/ROAR as well as other activities as defined by UNDP corporate practices.
Facilitates Knowledge Management and Capacity Building through:
- Identification and formulation of evaluation findings, lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader UNDP knowledge management;
- Support in contribution to the promotion of the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E function among all staff members and partners through communication, training, learning and development activities Programme-wide. Support RPP, Project Office staff and partners with effective use of tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring, reporting and measuring of indicators at the outcome level;
- Assist in contribution to the implementation of Evaluation, Knowledge Management and Learning strategies;
- Support in collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues; keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies;
- Perform other relevant functions as requested by RPP management.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT:
- Effective mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the Programme implementation including development of tools and processes established in line with UNDP rules and requirements;
- Change in conditions in the country or region timely and accurately measured;
- Programme-related data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- RPP projects, evaluations and M&E products are designed and implemented in accordance with established UNDP quality standards, the results are disseminated in a timely manner, evaluation recommendations are followed and optimally used;
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation: Project Office staff and partners are trained in understanding and applying results-oriented monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods; the application of best practices facilitated and successful experiences of the Programme in results-based monitoring & evaluation advocated through global knowledge networks.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Multi-year and Annual M&E Plans of the RPP are fully and timely implemented in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Reporting to donors and internal stakeholders performed according to the best UNDP results-based standards and accepted practices;
- Contribution to annual Results-Oriented Annual Reporting (ROAR), ATLAS, Transparency Dashboard is provided in quality and timely manner. Inputs demonstrate the achieved results and are based on external and internal evidences;
- M&E activities and products are planned, implemented and disseminated in quality and timely manner, and based on the programme needs and requests from donors and partners;
- Relevant Programme data, best practices, lessons learned are regularly collected, updated and are available for development and programming goals;
- Funds delivery for M&E Activities of the RPP reached 100%.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Quality Assurance;
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Management and Leadership;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Capacity Development.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Results-Based Project Development and Management:
- Assesses programme performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work;
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration;
- Monitors specific stages of programme implementation.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Analyses complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise relevant recommendations;
- Eager to voice new ideas;
- Strategic thinking, challenging existing assumptions and thinking of creative solutions to problems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Finance, Public Administration or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in M&E, reporting and research or related area;
- Knowledge of information management systems is desired;
- Experience in UN system, international organizations or non-profit organizations is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in collecting, analysing and visualizing data, identifying trends, preparing reports, communicating results, and developing visibility products is desirable;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English and Russian is required.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 13 December 2018.