Програма розвитку ООН шукає Civil Society Engagement and Capacity Development Specialist. Дедлайн - 12 грудня 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015.In response to the situation, in 2016, UNDP has established a Project Office in eastern Ukraine with a view to consolidate and deliver the various recovery and governance projects through a comprehensive, areabased Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP) in five conflict-affected oblasts: Donetsk and Luhansk (Government Controlled Areas), as well as Zaporizhzhia, Dnipro, and Kharkiv oblasts. RPP frames UNDP’s interventions in Eastern Ukraine to address the recovery needs of conflict affected population and communities. The Programme has three components focusing on: (1) economic recovery and restoration of critical infrastructure; (2) restoration of governance and support to decentralization reform; (3) strengthening community security and social cohesion. UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Civil Society Engagement and Capacity Development (CSECD) Specialist, to provide capacity development support and technical assistance on strengthening the civil society sector of communities. This position falls under the project “Good governance and citizens engagement for justice, security, environmental protection and social cohesion in eastern Ukraine” funded by the Swedish International Development Agency, Government of Denmark and the Swiss Development Cooperation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist and operational supervision of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Coordinator, the Civil Society Engagement and Capacity Development Specialist, in close cooperation with Community Mobilization Specialist, Rule of Law/Access to Justice Analyst, Rule of Law and Community Security Specialist, Small Grants Officer of RPP will perform the following key tasks:
- Contribute to further strengthening of the communities - non-government organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), active citizens groups (ACGs), self-help groups (SHGs), etc. in a participatory, inclusive and conflict-sensitive manner;
- Establish a pool of dedicated experts to advise and train communities;
- Facilitate knowledge and expertise exchange with other regions of the country, sharing best practices in civil society capacity development;
- Provide substantive inputs and support to the development of effective civil society platforms and networks at hromada and region levels;
- Organize the process of guiding and coaching the newly established relevant platforms;
- Ensure civil society sector includes the most vulnerable and marginalized groups;
- Facilitate and support organizing of new non-government organizations, civil society organizations, active citizens groups, self-help groups, etc. in hromadas according to the results of assessments and hromada profiles;
- Facilitate participation of the NGOs, SCOs, ACGs, SHGs in a small grants programme under RPP portfolio. Ensure effective liaison with local partners to facilitate the implementation of community projects through the Small Grants Facility in close collaboration with Small Grants Officer;
- In close cooperation with Community Mobilization Specialist supervise the preparation of training plans for community organizations, leaders or focal points;
- Provide trainings for representatives of NGOs, SCOs, ACGs, SHGs on organizational development;
- Monitor, coordinate and supervise field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Project objectives are met;
- Analyse ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with project management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies;
- Promote the Project by providing substantive input for stories, articles and other PR activities;
- Contribute effectively to the regular programme reports to the donors;
- Contribute to external communication by drafting input for press releases and information notes, producing news write ups, maintaining thematic blogging and social media accounts, etc.;
- Contribute to the selection processes of Implementing Partners (IPs), Consultants or Contractors and regularly oversee, supervise and monitor their work and delivery of assignments (training, seminars/workshops, surveys, data collection, etc.), as well as coordinate their work in target Oblasts. Ensure that the budget allocated for relevant activities is efficiently and properly utilized;
- Ensure close coordination with the activities of other UN agencies, with special focus on those by UN Women, UNFPA and UNICEF;
- Perform other duties as required.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Civil Society and Capacity Development activities within the assigned project of the RPP;
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of the Civil Society Capacity Development activities are disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed.
Performance indicator for evaluation of results:
- Respective sections of the annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery allocated for fiscal decentralization support activities reached 100%;
- Programme and Component activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
- Ability to implement project/programmes components for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans; and prepare inputs to project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and establish partnership with government authorities and CSO’s and within UNDP;
- Sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Familiarity with national legislation on recovery issues;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social or Political Sciences, Public Administration, Law, Economics, Finance or other relevant areas;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience and experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the civil society organizations in the relevant fields;
- Experience in working with international organizations, with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into building the strong civil society and authorities-communities dialogue levels would be an asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English is required.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 12 December 2018.