Програма розвитку ООН шукає Community Security and Social Cohesion Coordinator. Дедлайн - 12 грудня 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015.In response to the situation, in 2016, UNDP has established a Project Office in eastern Ukraine with a view to consolidate and deliver the various recovery and governance projects through a comprehensive, area-based Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP) in five conflict-affected oblasts: Donetsk and Luhansk (Government Controlled Areas), as well as Zaporizhzhya, Dnipro, and Kharkiv oblasts. RPP frames UNDP’s interventions in Eastern Ukraine to address the recovery needs of conflict affected population and communities. The Programme Component has three components focusing on: (1) economic recovery and restoration of critical infrastructure; (2) restoration of governance and support to decentralization reform; (3) strengthening community security and social cohesion.UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Coordinator (CSSCC) to ensure smooth implementation of activities and support to senior management at the local level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Technical Specialist, Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme, and the direct supervision of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, the Community Security and Social Cohesion Coordinator is responsible for the provision of daily coordination and support for the oversight related to all aspects of implementation of the projects under Component 3 Community Security and Social Cohesion. S/he implements a wide range of activities related to assurance and oversight, supporting Community and Social Cohesion Specialist in ensuring that the projects are managed in accordance with UNDP rules and CO procedures.
Summary of key functions:
- Provide implementation of UNDP´s rules, approaches and policies;
- Coordinate and supervise effective operational oversight and implements oversight activities;
- Build effective partnership and communications for the joint programme;
- Proactively contribute to knowledge building and management.
Ensure implementation of UNDP´s rules, approaches and policies, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Ensure, in close consultation with Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, the effective application of RBM tools, elaboration of coherent work plans, project and programme documents, preparation of compelling proposals and monitors unit work plans, programme effectiveness and achievement of results;
- Under direct supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist and overall supervision of Technical Specialist, RPP, provide supports adherence to UNDP policies and procedures, POPP and guidance on programme management and UNDP´s corporate approaches and guidelines are adhered to in programme and project management;
- Lead the activities on the development of the guidelines, formats and checklist for development, implementation and monitoring for the Community Security and Social Cohesion portfolio of projects;
- In cooperation with Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist review the quality of results-information at the project levels. Provide inputs, feedback and propose improvements;
- Monitor and quality control on project implementation to ensure that the project is implemented in line with UNDP rules and procedures and the project document.
Ensure effective operational oversight and implements oversight activities, focusing on the achievement of the following:
- In close consultation with the Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, develop coherent work plans and budgets for all activities in the programme portfolio and the continuous monitoring of project work plans;
- Provide daily monitoring of achievement of the financial targets;
- Provide continuous feedback to Community Security and Social to CO and the projects on rate of financial delivery;
- Ensure the financial plans are in place and regularly updated;
- Advise and propose prompts action in case of under-delivery and lack of/delay of financial planning;
- Plan and execute regular field missions and assurance of field activities;
- Actively participate in internal control mechanisms for adherence UNDP rules and regulations in contracts, assets, procurement, recruitment, etc. as required;
- Oversee management and filing of project documentation, ensure that UNDP corporate systems (ATLAS) are kept update and that relevant documents are accessible through the UNDP public website. Prompts action and informs component team on shortcomings.
Maintain and develop partnership relations with key governmental and non-governmental stakeholders and ensure effective networking:
- Support Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist in establishing and developing strong partnership with relevant governmental, non-governmental and international organizations, including UN agencies (UN Women, FAO and UNFPA) and projects;
- Closely work with respective governmental and non-governmental organizations to ensure that activities under RPP’s Component 3 are implemented in timely and efficient manner;
- Participate in relevant working group meetings and share information with partners and UN agencies;
- Establish and maintain good working relations with external partners including NGOs/CSOs engaged in similar/complementary activities to enhance coordination and partnerships amongst stakeholders working in the area;
- Coordinate donor missions and media relations, as appropriate.
Proactively contribute to knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identify and capture lessons learnt and best practices within the projects and develop knowledge outputs. Guide the project team to identify lessons learnt opportunities. Participate and ensure proper capturing and documentation to facilitate the application across the programme as relevant;
- Actively promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture between the projects and the CO.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Management and Leadership;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Generate new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things; Document and analyse innovative strategies and new approaches;
- Client Orientation: Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion; Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches: Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things; Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Building strategic partnerships;
- Promoting accountability and results-based management;
- Job knowledge/technical expertise;
- Developing tools and mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Management, Economics, Public Administration Law, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programme and project management, experience in management of multi-donor programmes, experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, project/programme coordination or other relevant area;
- Experience in working on community security and/or social cohesion in conflict or post- conflict environments will be considered as strong advantage;
- Experience in financial planning, management and oversight of projects/programmes is an asset;
- Experience in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments is a huge advantage;
- Familiarity with UNDP rules and regulations will be considered as advantage;
- Experience in working in multi-cultural teams will be considered as advantage.
- Fluent Russian, Ukrainian and English languages.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 12 December 2018.