Програма розвитку ООН шукає Project Team Leader. Дедлайн - 29 листопада 2018 р.
The need for energy efficiency improvements across the Ukrainian economy is significant. Ukraine’s economy is two or three times as energy intensive as many neighboring countries, including Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. One of the many sectors which needs to become more energy efficient is the housing and communal sector. This sector, directly impacting on the quality of Ukrainians living conditions, is four times less energy efficient than in the average Western European country and consumes almost 45 percent of the country’s energy. Inefficient central heating systems lead to significant gas wastage. 70% of the housing stock, consisting of apartments, situated in multi-apartment buildings, housing approximately 34 million people, is highly energy inefficient.Opportunities to address this issue have recently emerged with the passing of a new law that implements a EU directive on the efficiency of buildings in July 2017, and the set-up of an Energy Efficiency Fund in December 2017. The Fund will provide financing to implement thermal modernization projects, establishing effective heating and cooling systems and equipment, as well as replacing existing systems and equipment with more efficient ones. Financing of energy efficiency projects will take the form of partial refunds of the projects costs to individuals and legal entities, or loans.The EU is willing to support the Energy Efficiency Fund, through a multi-donor financing mechanism managed by the IFC. The EU financial contribution to this facility is EUR 50 million.In this context, UNDP and IFC are called upon by the EU to contribute, through technical assistance, to the improvement of the Ukrainian housing stock energy efficiency. UNDP is intervening during a period of 24 months to fully prepare HOAs throughout the country for projects’ financing and implementation. Further, over a period of 36 months, IFC will work with and support the UNDP prepared HOAs in their energy efficiency projects’ financing and implementation. UNDP’s proposed Project specific objectives are to stimulate and support the creation of Home Owners Associations (HOAs) at local level, and to prepare them to obtain financing for their home improvement projects.The Project will help to established is at least 2,000 new HOAs and support in total at least 4,000 HOAs (both newly created and pre-existing) throughout the country’s 24 Oblasts. The Project will help to raise energy efficiency awareness of no less than 1,000,000 people overall.In this context, United Nations Development Programme is recruiting a professional with relevant experience and track record for the position of Project Team Leader (PTL).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Oblast SDG Portfolio Manager, the Project Team Leader (PTL) will be responsible for achieving the outputs and, hence, objectives of the project, and ensuring co-operation and support from the project partners, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Summary of key functions:
- Manage the day to day activities of the Project (planning, implementation, quality monitoring & closure);
- Ensure overall operational management of the project and delivery of results, in accordance with the project document and work plans;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of project annual work plan, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the project activities;
- Identify, report on and manage risks so that maximum benefit to clients and stakeholders is achieved; ensure up-to-date risk logs;
- Develop a detailed project implementation plan, coordinate and supervise the work of project experts, consultants and subcontractors, including the preparation of the terms of reference for consultants, experts and subcontractors recruited under the project, forward planning of project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling, and reporting;
- Assume direct responsibility for managing the project budget. Ensure that project funds are available when needed and disbursements achieved as per the work plans. Ensure appropriate recording and accounting documentation as required by UNDP and prepare required financial reports;
- Maintain close liaison with national project partners, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of national authorities in the implementation of the project;
- Strengthen relationships and links with Government of Ukraine, project Responsible Parties, and foster new relationships and establish links with new project partners, stakeholders;
- Provide technical advisory support to the establishing of the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the national and local authorities, non-government, private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Ensure availability of up to date information on all critical issues in the project area;
- Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant UN projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects for mutually reinforcing impact;
- Ensure full compliance of project activities with all financial and technical rules, regulations and procedures relevant to the project implementation (both UNDP and national);
- Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation procedures are instituted in all project activities;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP Project Operational Policies and Procedures;
- Ensure compliance of Project’s business processes with UNDP Ukraine Standard Operating Procedures;
- Supervise the project personnel and local or international experts/consultants working for the project;
- Ensure that the Atlas Project Management module is updated on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP project management policies and procedures.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the project;
- Partnerships with project stakeholders are maintained;
- Materials on project experience/ best practices and lessons learned are prepared;
- Project overall results, experiences, and lessons learned disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Project reporting, quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Project is on track to meet its objectives and indicators as defined in the Project Results Framework (PRF) of the project document;
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for HOUSES project is reached 100%;
- Project’s operations are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Management and Leadership;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Results-Based Project Development and Management. Assesses programme financial performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work. Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing. Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things. Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches;
- Client Orientation. Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion. Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches. Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things. Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals. Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level.
- The ability to manage project/programmes for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans; and prepare project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Good interpersonal communication skills: including acceptance of responsibility to ensure that organizational objectives, policies and requirements are met; ability to manage external teams of consultants, ability to handle politically sensitive issues and contacts within government authorities and within UNDP; sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian government institutions and other actors involved in policy formulation and implementation, including academia, think-tanks, NGOs, prominent experts;
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into civil society, democratization and human rights issues at the national and sub-national levels- will be considered as an advantage;
- Knowledge of UNDP project management procedures and experience with ATLAS and UNDP project management is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences or other relevant area;
- At least 10 years of proven experience in managing/coordinating projects or large programme components;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services in the relevant fields;
- Experience and knowledge in energy efficiency and its related issues would be a strong asset;
- Familiarity with UNDP project management procedures and experience with ATLAS is an asset, PRINCE2 qualification will be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages;
- Proven writing and communication skills;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 29 November 2018.