Представництво ООН в Україні шукає Project Coordinator/Human Rights Team Lead. Дедлайн - 26 листопада 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
The project is aimed at increasing the potential of the Ukrainian Ombudsperson Office (thereafter OO) and promoting human right initiatives among all national stakeholders, including core duty-bearer in the Legislative branch (Parliament – as a secondary partner), core duty-bearers in the Executive branch (Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Social Policy, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service, State Agencies and Services), sub-national government bodies and branches of the national duty-bearers at the regional level, civil society. The project is an integral part of UNDP’s democratic governance portfolio which provides technical assistance to the Ukrainian National Human Rights Institution that is both independent and able to provide tangible ‘outputs’ to women and men. This Project is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by UNDP Ukraine is a 5-year initiative that will run from 2019 and till the end of 2023. In this context, United Nations Development Programme is recruiting a Project Coordinator/Human Rights Team Lead with relevant experience and track record.The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordination and implementation of the Human Rights for Ukraine project under the Democratic Governance Component.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Democratic Governance Advisor/Portfolio Manager, the Human Rights Team Lead will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensure overall operational management of the project “Human Rights for Ukraine” (HR4U) and delivery of results in accordance with the project document and work plans and other joint agreements between the Government and UNDP;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of annual and detailed implementation work plans for HR4U, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the project activities;
- Build capacity of and ties with the key partners and stakeholders at the national and regional levels. Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials, both local and national, NGOs, partners, donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Provide substantive input to the project activities, ultimate in-project quality assurance for achieving the overall project outputs, ensure timely implementation of project activities, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs;
- Set up and manage the project office, including staff facilities and services, as per the project work plan;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of HR4U team members, experts and consultants, including the preparation of the terms of reference, facilitation of recruitment, engagement of national experts and subcontractors, forward planning of project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling, monitoring of work/results and reporting;
- Act as a principal representative of the project during assurance review meetings, evaluations and in discussions and, hence, be responsible for preparation of review and evaluation reports such as the Mid-Term and Annual Project Report (APR) for the consideration of the UNDP management;
- Assume direct responsibility for managing the project budget in compliance with the project’s business processes with UNDP Ukraine Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring that:
- project funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly;
- accounting records and supporting documents are kept;
- required financial reports are prepared;
- financial operations are transparent; and the project is ready to stand up to audit at any time;
- Assure correct personnel management and procurement of goods/services;
- Coordinate among stakeholders as well as among various structures of governmental institutions on behalf of UNDP in the subject area;
- Keep close cooperation with the UNDP CO on different issues regarding project implementation process;
- Represent the project during the public events, PR and media activities, ensure the proper communication of project results through UNDP communication channels;
- Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials, both local and national, NGOs, partners, donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Ensure coordination of the HR4U activities with other stakeholders at national level. Ensure the development of cross-programme linkages with other relevant UN projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects for mutually reinforcing impact;
- Provide technical advisory support to UNDP in engagement with Government of Ukraine, line Ministries and other relevant governmental institutions to support the capacity development and implementation of HR4U initiatives. Act as the specialized focal point of UNDP assistance in the subject area;
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information on the HR4U activities are shared;
- Facilitate in collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of HR4U implementation in the target regions and Ukraine in general. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to HR4U;
- Prepare updates to UNDP with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the programme implementation, when required;
- Ensure that the Atlas Project Management module is updated on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP project management policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the project “Human Rights for HR4U” in line with UNDP Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP SOP;
- Partnerships with project stakeholders developed and maintained;
- Project reports produced in time and of a high quality;
- Project overall results, experiences and lessons learned captured and disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for HR4U project is reached 100%;
- HR4U operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
Competencies expected of the individual:
- Ability to manage project/programmes for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans; and prepare project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and establish partnership with government authorities and CSO’s and within UNDP;
- Sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Familiarity with national legislation on recovery issues;
- Demonstrated strong coordination and facilitation skills.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Management and Leadership;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence.
Results-Based Project Development and Management:
- Assesses programme financial performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work;
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals:
- Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses;
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political or social sciences, international relations, development studies, public administration or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in component/project/programme coordination, policy development and analysis, managing teams or project component;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the Government in the relevant fields;
- Experience and knowledge in Development Effectiveness and cooperation, gender equality and its related issues would be an asset;
- Knowledge of civil society context and human rights situation in Ukraine;
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into civil society, democratisation and human rights issues at the national and sub-national levels;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Familiarity with UNDP project management procedures and experience with ATLAS is an asset;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required (both spoken and written).
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 26 November 2018.