Представництво ООН в Україні шукає Human Rights Specialist. Дедлайн - 27 листопада 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
Project «Human Rights for Ukraine 2019−2023» funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by UNDP Ukraine is a 5-year initiative which runs from 1 January 2019 until 31 December 2023. It works to strengthen capacities of the national human rights organizations at national and local levels to contribute to reform agendas in line with human rights standards and respond to human rights challenges in Ukraine while mobilizing national authorities and human rights defenders to improve the overall human rights record of the country.The project is aimed at increasing the potential of the Ukrainian Ombudsperson Office (thereafter OO) and promoting human right initiatives among all national stakeholders, including core duty-bearer in the Legislative branch (Parliament — as a secondary partner), core duty-bearers in the Executive branch (Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Social Policy, National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service, State Agencies and Services etc.), sub-national authorities, civil society. The project is an integral part of UNDP’s democratic governance portfolio which provides technical assistance to the national institutions aimed on strengthening their capacities to promote HRBA, democratic and transparency principles into their practice. The Project is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by UNDP Ukraine is a 5-year initiative that will run from 2019 and till the end of 2023. In this context, United Nations Development Programme is recruiting a Human Rights Specialist with relevant experience and track record.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator/Human Rights Team Lead the incumbent will:
- Provide analytical and capacity-building expertise to build a system of better reception / processing / interpretation of human rights-related data under all components with special attention to issues of evidence-based policy inputs production, M&E systems, tracking progress and statistics;
- Contribute to the implementation of the project activities related to strengthening OO capacity for fulfilling its mandates, addressing new human rights challenges and contributing to the reform agendas;
- Conduct substantive research and analysis of human rights issues/events and assess their impact on the human rights situation, provide recommendation to the OO related to its mandate implementation and the capacity building;
- Collect and analyse human rights monitoring data and indicators, including gender-specific data and indicators at the sub-national and national level. Write and/or provide expert input into a variety of reports, communications, briefings, statements, etc. Prepare analytical reports/overviews;
- Facilitating dialogue and collaborative learning with project partners and other stakeholders, including authorities, the OO, international and civil society organizations. Leading the development and delivery of workshops and training activities for stakeholders in order to HRBA promotion and implementation;
- project documents (memos, meeting debriefs, minutes) in the area of human rights;
- Collect and issue updates on activities in the human rights realm (conduct research, make analysis, process of statistical data, draft conclusions and recommendations);
- Liaise with project partners and facilitate communication on programme-related activities including organizing joint thematic learning and networking events on human rights topics;
- Conduct regular mapping and outreach to identify opportunities for new partnership;
- Monitor and report on the developments in human rights trends, activities in human rights by key stakeholders, including state and non-state actors;
- Represent the project at public events;
- Elaborate necessary documentation (concept notes, briefs, fundraising considerations) to operationalize and steer programmatic initiatives and activities;
- Provide HR related inputs into regular reports of the project to the donor;
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Monthly/quarterly/annual/ad hoc debriefs are prepared;
- Donors/partners visits are initiated and facilitated;
- Concept notes, advisory notes, memos, meeting debriefs, topical briefs, and activity plans produced;
- Substantial support to the project activities related to the capacitation of the OO to contribute to reform agendas in line with human rights standards and respond to human rights challenges in Ukraine provided;
- Topical news-feed regularly produced and streamlined;
- All assignments performed in a quality and timely manner.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Project-related analytical materials are timely prepared and disseminated;
- Programmatic activities in human right area are duly overseen, timely enhanced, and properly reported.
Skills and competencies expected of the individual:
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving; excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in team;
- Ability to work under continuous pressure and meet deadlines;
- Energetic optimistic approach to all possible problems.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum qualifications and experienceSkills and competencies expected of the individual:
- Master degree or equivalent in social sciences, law, international relations, political science or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in the field of human rights/advocacy/promotion/protection/ monitoring and/or reporting, including collaboration with civil society organizations in professional or volunteer capacity;
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international technical assistance or development organizations would be an asset;
- Experience in elaborating strategic documents and papers and conducting social research;
- Demonstrated awareness of human rights issues as elicited from previous professional experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 27 November 2018.