DAI шукає спеціаліста з екології. Дедлайн - 19 жовтня 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
DAI, a global development company based in the United States, is seeking an Environmental Specialist for its USAID Economic Resilience Activity project. The project hopes to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine.
Submission Instructions: Please submit CVs in English to Ukraine@dai.com. Submissions are accepted until October 19th. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No email or phone inquiries, please. When submitting your CV, please include position title in the email subject line.
The Environmental Specialist takes the lead and works with technical staff to do the following:
- Ensure timely submittal of required environmental documentation related to the project implementation process;
- Working with project staff, define specific mitigation measures for activities determined to have moderate risk (using the general mitigation measures specified in the annexes to the approved EMPR);
- Contribute to ensuring timely implementation of corrective actions in case of errors or failure for subcontractors to apply adequate mitigation measures and perform according to expectations;
- Conduct Environmental Due Diligence of potential Implementing Partners (IPs) to define required training and technical assistance;
- Ensure that monitoring of mitigation measures from the field is timely and reliable;
- With project monitoring staff, collect monitoring reports covering all mitigation measures;
- Review implementation of mitigation measures by the project and by IPs and the project to improve performance;
- Assist with environmental aspects of baseline surveys:
- Participate in baseline surveys and interpretation of the environmental baseline;
- Assist with the technical aspects of the procurement process for consulting services related to environment or procurement of inputs or services that require environmental conditions;
- Design surveys and other activities to monitor project environmental impact and report on compliance with USAID environmental policy;
- Undertake additional actions required by the Chief of Party to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Advanced degree (graduate level: doctorate, master’s, etc.) in a relevant field;
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience;
- Strong experience producing documentation to comply with USAID environmental regulations;
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Russian
- Experience producing technical reports and managing data;
- Understanding of quantitative data used for monitoring and reporting;
- Proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar context;
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders;