Команда підтримки реформ при Мінфіні шукає Проектного менеджера - Реформа державних банків. Дедлайн - 12.09.2018 (далі - англ.).
The Project Manager / Analyst (Category 2, State-owned banks’ reform) will be a full-time consultant in the Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (MoF).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
- Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and
- Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
RST MoF was launched in October 2016. Currently the RST MoF is helping the Ministry to implement six priority reforms: Development of the Public Finance Management Strategy; Public Administration Reform and Capacity Building in the Ministry of Finance; Tax Reform and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service; Customs Reform; Optimization of Social Security System; and Reform of State-Owned banks and Improvement of International Financial Cooperation process.
State-owned banks reform initiative is an important part of financial sector reform, which has been indicated in the IMF Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies (MEFP)). The main goals, tasks and stages of state-owned banks’ reform are stipulated in the Principles of State Banking Sector Strategic Reforming (Principles), approved by the Government in February 2016 and briefly described below.
Objectives of reform priority are:
- to create conditions for SOBs full or partial privatization by build-up institutional capacity within the Ministry of Finance in managing the State’s interest in SOBs;
- to strengthen SOBs’ corporate governance by establishing new supervisory boards with majority independent directors;
- to design and implement a relationship framework between the MoF and each bank to safeguard each bank’s commercial independence in achieving its objectives.
1. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is until 31.12.2018 year (with discretionary extension up to June 30, 2019, which is subject to availability of the donor funding) with starting date not later than October 1, 2018, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data and information search, integration and analysis;
- Support for training and capacity building of Reform teams;
- Project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.);
- Organizational and logistical support to Reform team (events, round tables, conferences and forums to engage stakeholders on key reform themes and policy proposals);
- Preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on implementation progress;
- Preparation of slides for presentations, infographics.
3. Main anticipated deliverables:
- Development of effective working relationship between MoF and SOBs: design of monitoring procedures and reporting forms, creation a monitoring system to control SOBs performance and progress toward their strategies;
- Support of NPLs resolution in SOBs: participation in development of a concept of Public assets Resolution Company, design of recommendations for SOBs how to resolve NPLs.
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
4.1 Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, economics, business administration, accounting. Master’s degree is an asset;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
4.2 General professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years);
- Preferably 5 years of experience in risk management, audit, financial management units of banks or business consulting for the banks.
4.3 Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in banking sector;
- Deep knowledge in supervisory/regulatory framework of the NBU and IFRS;
- MBA/ MS in Finance/ CFA is an asset;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine (especially in financial sector), good understanding of policy formulation process is an asset;
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 800 to EUR 1400. The funding source of this assignment is the [EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account / the European Union]. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by September 12, 2018 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include a completed Application Form [https://www.minfin.gov.ua/vacancy/vakansii-v-proektakh-ministerstva-finansiv-ukrainy], the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.