IFES шукає керівника програм - особу з лідерськими якостями, досвідом в управлінні проектами у сфері демократичного управління. Дедлайн – 13 вересня 2018 року.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a non-profit international organization, supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials, and by empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries - from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
IFES works to foster discussion on electoral law reform, build the capacity of civil society to analyze and advocate on election law issues, ensure Ukraine’s ability to enact critical political finance reforms through assistance to the National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (NAPC), and strengthen the capacity of election officials through technical assistance to the Central Election Commission (CEC). IFES support has focused on both the process and content of reform by promoting inclusive dialogue among stakeholders and providing technical assistance in the development of legislation consistent with international and European standards. Dovetailing with election law reform is the objective to improve transparency and oversight of political finance. IFES has been directly involved in the conceptualization and drafting of reform legislation, including recent efforts to reform the Law on Local Elections and comprehensive political finance reform. In addition, IFES is working with local civil society organizations to develop and promote measures that address women’s underrepresentation in Ukrainian politics and make local and national elections more accessible to persons with disabilities.
IFES is a leader in the field of public opinion research in Ukraine. Since 1994, IFES has conducted 25 nationwide public opinion surveys in the country, examining socio-political issues, and attitudes towards elections and democracy, among other topics. Data from these surveys have enabled IFES to focus its technical assistance and to provide valuable and up to date information and analysis to donors and researchers
The Head or Programs will oversee the design, implementation, evaluation and synergy of all IFES Ukraine programmatic interventions in line with approved and future proposals, budgets, workplans and performance monitoring plans. The Head of Programs provides management, leadership and support to IFES’ Ukraine’s program team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the implementation, design, quality and synergy of all IFES Ukraine activities and results;
- Provide mentoring and management to the IFES Ukraine programmatic team, with emphasis on professional development;
- Ensure the program team has the appropriate tools, skills and knowledge to facilitate the effective delivery of results;
- Ensure effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmatic and subaward activities in line with approved objectives and budgets;
- Ensure programmatic implementation is in line with IFES Ukraine strategy and leadership goals, as a member of the IFES Ukraine senior management team;
- Coordinate with program advisors and administrative teams to ensure prioritization and effective handling of all matters of technical input, planning, procurement, compliance and branding;
- Support programmatic development and fundraising efforts;
- Ensure and contribute to regular and timely programmatic reports by program teams to donors and IFES HQ events, meetings;
- Upon request of the Country Director or Deputy Director, represent IFES in various forums;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to oversee complex programs with limited supervision;
- Business awareness and numerical ability;
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Collaborative and cooperative;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically;
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s political, media and civil society landscape;
- Ability and skills to promote and inspire effective collaboration between individuals;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant field, Master’s preferred;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant program and staff management experience;
- Professional experience and knowledge in the democracy and governance field, understanding of electoral administration and reform will be considered favorably;
- Experience working with civil society partner organizations and subawards;
- Professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development programming for funders such as USAID, DFID and Global Affairs Canada;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest in English, with “Head of Programs 2018” in the subject line, to Viktoriia Opryshko at email@example.com no later than September 13, 2018.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.