Управління верховного комісара ООН у справах біженців (УВКБ ООН) в Україні шукає старшого польового асистента. Дедлайн - 15 червня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
Більше вакансій у розділі Вакансії
Date of Issue: 01/06/2018
Deadline for applications: 15/06/2018
Functional Title & Grade: Senior Field Assistant / GL-5
Contractual Status: Fixed term appointment for 1 year with possible extension upon satisfactory performance
Position № 10023873 with lien (in replacement capacity, i.e. the previous incumbent keeps lien to the position)
Duty Station: Sloviansk, Ukraine
The Senior Field Assistant is normally supervised by the (Senior) Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Desirable qualifications & competencies
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Interested applicants should forward the UN personal history form (P-11) with a covering letter in English explaining their interest in the position to the e-mail: email@example.com by indicating the post title and position number they are applying for in the subject line.
Candidates must be legally present in Ukraine at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
UN personal history form (P-11) may be loaded at
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, no late applications will be accepted.
Written test may be administered.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).