Міжнародна організація Save the Children шукає координатора премій в офіс у Слов'янську. Дедлайн - 31 травня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
Job title: Awards Coordinator
Team/programme: Ukraine CO
Location: Slovyansk, Ukraine
Contract length: 7 months with possible extension
Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
This role will work collaboratively with members and other departments of the Response programme to ensure smooth management of humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability. The role has the following main aspects to it:; capacity building of staff in their award management professional development and contributing to the development and advancement of award management processes and systems.
Scope of role:
Reports to: Country Director
Key areas of accountability:
• Ensure that award management systems and processes are successfully implemented across the life of award and key controls are in place to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with the donor requirements.
• Support the coordination of proposal development to the PDQ Team, ensuring all staff inputs happen in timely and effective manner and advice on donor compliance requirements to ensure high quality and on time proposals.
• Facilitate Award Kick-Off meetings to ensure that all award information is shared effectively with relevant staff across the country office (including field offices) and partners.
• Establish systems for regular award monitoring across the country office and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders to support the Program Implementation Team to ensure that performance on individual awards is tracked effectively, risks and issues are flagged and action taken as appropriate.
• Support the finance team on monitoring of award budgets, phasing and forecasting.
• Coordinate the processes for donor reporting to ensure that reports are high quality, delivered on time and supported by auditable records. This includes assistance in preparation of donor financial reports.
• Maintain effective communications with Save the Children members, providing them with timely updates on their awards and flagging potential issue promptly.
• Provide regular management information to the SMT on the performance of the country office portfolio.
• Maintain a reporting tracker and share regularly with stakeholders within Save the Children Ukraine
• Manage award closeout planning and processes.
• Support all functions to ensure donor requirements are understood and complied with.
• Ensure that all appropriate donor formats are available in-country and that key contributing staff have a clear understanding of donor requirements and expectations at the proposal, kick off, amendment, reporting, close out and audit stage of awards.
• Ensure potential issues and amendment requests are flagged promptly to donors via the relevant Save the Children member. This may include developing business cases where donor waiver/derogation requests need to be more thoroughly articulated or negotiated with donors.
• Work with internal and external auditors as necessary.
• Work with Partnership management staff to ensure all implementing partners undergo legal vetting and capacity assessment prior to commencing work with Save the Children, are engaged with appropriate agreements and effective monitoring systems are in place so that partner delivery meets donor expectations and requirements.
• Work with program staff to ensure relevant donor requirements are effectively communicated and understood by implementing partners.
Award Management System (AMS)
• Ensure that all opportunities, proposals, contracts and amendments with donors are processed and approved through AMS and the system is an accurate reflection of current award status at all times.
• Ensure all partners and sub-award agreements are input into AMS.
• Ensure that all adequate attachments appear on AMS and are retained as part of the award audit trail
• Carry out orientations and staff trainings for award management procedures, donor requirements etc.
Skills and behaviours (SCI Values in Practice):
Achieving results effectively
• Ensures efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
• Demonstrates flexibility to adapt plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
• Actively manages risk and takes action to reduce risk.
• Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received.
• Creates measures and metrics to track performance.
• Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships
• Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
Operating safely and securely
• Undertakes effective risk assessments and develops contingency plans
• Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
• Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment
• Remains focused on the objectives and goals in a rapidly changing environment
• Suggests creative improvements and different ways of working
• Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
• Makes time to learn from experience and feedback and applies the lessons to a new situation
Leadership and Developing Others
• Delivers results and always acts with the beneficiaries in mind.
• Adapts plans and approaches based upon awareness of the external context
• Takes responsibility for own development, and actively takes steps to better understand and address own strengths and weaknesses.
• Works to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of team members are harnessed to achieve individual and organisational success.
Qualifications and experience:
• Proven track record of supporting a senior management team
• Knowledge of the requirements of the major donors and experience in reporting to donors.
• Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
• Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
• Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities.
• Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
• Fluency in English
• Experience with Save the Children award management system (AMS).
• Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment.
• Understanding of how to produce financial reports from Save the Children’s overseas accounting software (Agresso)
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
How to apply
: please apply with your CV and Motivation Letter stating your salary expectations, by e-mail to [email protected]
. Deadline for applications is 31 May 2018.