Польська Гуманітарна Акція оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії фахівця проекту. Дедлайн - 10 серпня 2017 року (далі - англ.).
Project Officer (Bakhmut or Zaporizhia) – position open only for national candidates
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for a Project Officer to support the implementation of its project in Ukraine.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Project Officer
- Location: Bakhmut or Zaporizhia, Ukraine
- Job terms: Full-time
- Starting date: Immediate (ASAP)
- Duration: 3 months of probation period with a possibility of further extension
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. PAH concentrates its activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters by possessing long-standing expertise and implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education.
Since August 2014 PAH has been present in Ukraine. From the very beginning, the primary focus of the organization was to deliver humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable groups of conflict affected population. Thus, for nearly three years of being present in the conflict affected areas, PAH provided assistance to IDPs, elders and single mothers with children in Ukraine throughout emergency interventions in terms of Food, Protection and NFIs.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Summary of the Position
The successful candidate will support the Project Coordinator during the implementation of PAH project in Ukraine.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting Project Coordinator during the coordination of the assigned project implemented by PAH in Ukraine;
- Ensuring timely and high-quality implementation of the project in accordance with the project proposal and the provisions mentioned in grant agreement;
- Ensuring a proper and timely spending of the project budget;
- Performing regular project site visits;
- Preparing regular reports as requested by the donor as well other project- related documentation (rationales, note to files, statements, project indicator tracking tools, beneficiary tracking reports etc.);
- Cooperating with field staff and relevant Kiev-based staff (logistics, finance and administration) in order to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities;
- Ensuring proper storing of project-related documentation;
- Taking responsibility of the project-related databases;
- Providing regular reporting and project-related updates to Project Coordinator;
- Assisting Head of Programs in planning and designing new projects, project budgets as well as other activities as outlined in the current Strategy of PAH Mission in Ukraine;
- Preparing inputs to project review meetings and lessons learnt meetings;
- As delegated by Project Coordinator, representing organization and attending relevant meetings (cluster meetings, meetings with other INGOs, meetings with the donors, internal meetings of PAH etc.);
- Coordinating relevant tender procedures for purchase of products within the project;
- Ensuring all project related documentation from Field Staff is received and properly stored;
- Cooperation with external auditors and institutions of control;
- Coordination of closure of the project;
- Performing any other task upon the request of Project Coordinator.
The successful candidate:
- Is Ukrainian citizen with a good knowledge of Russian and Ukrainian;
- Has a good knowledge of English (both oral and in writing);
- Has at least 2 year of experience working for humanitarian or development NGO at similar position;
- Is able to work independently with an orientation on quality-based delivery of the project indicators;
- Is responsible and stress resistant;
- Has strong computer skills - knowledge of MS Office; skills in Excel and Word;
- Has a sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of internally displaced persons in Ukraine;
- Is motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn new things;
- Preferably speaks Polish.
What PAH offers:
- Competitive salary;
- Work in dynamic and motivated team;
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short CV (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your so far work experience and education;
- Short motivation letter;
- Your salary offer;
- Three referees with their complete contact information.
Please, submit above mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Project Officer” of in reference/topic of your e-mail.
Closing date for applications is 10th August 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interview which will take place either in Kyiv or Zaporizhia.