Міжнародна гуманітарна організація в Україні Save the Children оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії Старшого фінансового менеджера у Слов’янську. Дедлайн - 7 червня 2017 р. (далі - англ.).
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Ukraine Country Office
POST TYPE: National (Local)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. By sending their applications candidates agree to be checked against child safeguarding.
The Senior Finance Coordinator will provide treasury and financial services and support to all Ukraine Offices, as SCI scales up their emergency response in Ukraine. The Senior Finance Coordinator will be primarily responsible for processing non-cash transactions and record keeping in compliance with the SCI financial policies and procedures and in line with local law requirements. This person will assist in reporting to SCI Regional Office, SCI Centre, Members, Donors and local tax authorities and ensuring that SCI tax obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the law and regulations of Ukraine.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Finance and HR/Admin
Regional Dimensions: Save the Children works in 14 countries across the Middle East and Eurasia with a current staff complement of approximately 1500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $150 million each year. In response to the humanitarian situation, Save the Children has been working in Ukraine since 2014, and this position will play a key role in supporting the office and relief activities.
Staff directly reporting to this post: two direct and two indirect
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control:
- Provide a high standard of financial accounting, ensuring compliance to local statutory law and SCI accounting policies.
- Assist to ensure accounting systems, policies, internal controls and procedures are quickly established for the collection of accurate, complete and timely financial data (e.g.: budgets, forecasts, expenditure, commitments, payroll, and delegation of authority).
- Assist and advice Head of Finance and HR/Admin to manage the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds to meet programme needs, liaising with local bankers as required and provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirements.
- Work with Head of Finance and HR/Admin and RO in preparation and generating of SCI Ukraine monthly, quarterly and annual reports (BVA, MFR, MCC, Asset register, GiK, Effort Reporting, YER and other as required)
- Take appropriate steps to minimise the risk of fraud or theft.
- Ensure the security of all cash and assets (e.g.: regular cash and bank reconciliation, fixed asset and inventory physical checks).
- Carry out inductions and staff trainings for finance procedures, donor requirements etc.
- Ensure the sub-partners reports are submitted accurately and on timely manner.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Work closely with Finance, Awards and budget holders to produce quality budgeting information while ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved in the budgeting process.
- Review management reports on Finance and help budget holders to monitor budgets on a regular and timely basis.
- Check donor financial reports and proposal budgets and send them for Head of Finance and HR/Admin review.
- Check all donor requirements (financial compliance & reporting) are complied with and that proposals and reports are submitted on time.
- Provide support to Head of Finance and HR/Admin with advice/training to budget holders on budget management and phasing.
- Work closely with Head of Finance and HR/Admin and Ukraine team to develop and revise CAP and Master Budget
Finance Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Supervise and support the Finance Team on regular basis, conduct monitoring visits to ensure SCI policy and procedures are followed and the finance staff capacity is built.
- Support the Finance team to strengthen the non-finance staff knowledge and capacity to manage finance by providing, induction, training and coaching consistent with their various roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to improvement of finance procedures, maintain and continue the ongoing development of the Finance Department.
- Work closely with sub-partners, ensure the capacity building is in place and ongoing support is provided
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in higher level of education, preferably in Economy, Accounting or Finance Management
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which 3 years of experience in the same position
- Familiar with International Accounting Standards
- Excellent skills to analyse financial data, design and produce effective management reporting/information, developing budgets and budget management
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required) and Russian/Ukrainian
- Excellent interpersonal skills, managing staff effectively and working in team
- Ability to work independently and proactively, manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge or experience of NGO work desirable