Дедлайн - 14 жовтня 2016 р. Проект «Українська ініціатива з підвищення впевненості» шукає помічника з розвитку програми (далі - англ.).
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, implementing USAID’s Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative (UCBI) Project, solicits expressions of interest for a program development assistant (PDA) to be based in Kyiv, Ukraine with frequent travel to the areas where UCBI operates.
USAID’s Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative (UCBI) complements ongoing USAID efforts to enable vulnerable eastern communities to actively participate in, benefit from, and advocate for Ukraine’s transition to a prosperous, unified and democratic state.
The program’s overarching objectives are to:
- Increase citizen support for and participation in the development of a modern, inclusive Ukrainian identity and;
- Increase citizen confidence and engagement in the reform process at the local level.
Responsibilities for this position include:
The Program Development Assistant (PDA) will lead UCBI monitoring of grant activities and reporting on the local political, civic, and economic environment in different oblasts where UCBI operates including, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhzhia, Odesa, and GOU-controlled areas of Luhansk and Donetsk. The PDA reports to and is managed on a daily basis directly by the assigned program development officer (PDO), ultimately reporting to the UCBI Chief of Party (COP). Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify and conceptualize new potential activities that are appropriate to respond to the current Ukrainian political situation and UCBI’s established program goals and objectives.
- In coordination with the project technical leadership, work with potential grantees to design or refine grant concepts and proposed activities.
- Provide technical assistance to potential grantees, as required, during the grant preparation and implementation stages, including grant budget preparation.
- Facilitate communication between UCBI staff and grantee.
- Monitor ongoing grants, which may include, inter alia, attending activity events, gathering information requested by UCBI staff, writing updates and brief reports on grant impact and progress, attend coordination meetings for grant activities.
- Organize regional meetings with grantees, focus groups, community leaders and members.
- Report on relevant community or regional meetings, possibly with translation of relevant documents.
- Monitor to ensure that grant implementation and reporting adheres to grant agreement and timelines.
- In coordination with the grants management staff, assist with processing grantee paperwork; such as price quotes, vendor invoicing, and acts of acceptance.
- Assist with any ad hoc procurement and/or logistics and coordination needs that may arise.
- Together with the technical team, prepare monthly work plans defining program specialists’ responsibilities and goals for each month.
- Provide oral and written translations to and from English as required.
- Regular travel throughout and around Slovyansk and environs and occasional travel to other regions of Ukraine.
- Perform any other tasks requested by supervisor.
- This is a junior level technical position for people with 1 to 3 years’ experience.
- Although the position is Kyiv-based, the successful candidate must be able to travel frequently, and sometimes on short notice, to the areas mentioned above where UCBI operates.
- Familiarity with the socio/political situation in the areas where UCBI operates.
- Prior experience working with NGOs and/or local communities and/or youth groups.
- Native fluency in Russian/Ukrainian required; professional proficiency in English required.
- Computer fluency, including MS Word, Excel, email, internet research, and social media platforms.
- University degree required.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by Friday, October 14, 2016. Please insert the position you are applying for (“PDA-Kyiv”) in the subject line and include your CV, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. Interested prospective applicants are encouraged to visit UCBI’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/USAIDUCBI/.