- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Project Assistant
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Job terms: Full-time (probation of 3 months)
- Starting date: Immediate
- Duration: September 2016-January 2017 with possible extension
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization which has been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide for over 20 years alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Such interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 44 countries so far. PAH concentrate its activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters by possessing long-standing expertise and implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education.
Since August 2014 PAH is present in Ukraine. From the very beginning, the primary focus of the organization was to deliver humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable groups of conflict affected population. Thus, for 22 months of being presence in the conflict affected areas, PAH provided assistance to IDPs, elders and single mothers with children in Ukraine throughout emergency interventions mostly in Food, Health and Shelter/NFI clusters.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
The main responsibility of the Project Assistant is to provide support under the project funded by the European Commission wherever there are gaps which affect performance and implementation of the project. Such support will include:
- Managing project activities in cooperation with the Project Coordinator - including project planning with the team, financial planning, monitoring of project activities and financial expenditures;
- Ensuring effective and timely realization of project’s tasks according to the work plan;
- Assisting with organization of the capacity training for project staff at the beginning of the project implementation;
- Preparing project documents and carrying out any other tasks arising within the course of the project implementation;
- Preparing weekly reports, including follow-up on the actions for improvements - Project Assistant is responsible for drafting weekly reports and submitting to Project Coordinator indicating challenges and plans for the next week;
- Participating in preparation of relevant reports for the donor;
- Maintaining relationships with project partners and stakeholders;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in economics, international development, sociology, public administration, or other relevant field.
- Work experience in an NGO sector and/or proven experience in administration environment would be a strong advantage.
- English language skills (oral and written; upper intermediate level) required as well as Russian and Ukrainian.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of MS Office; skills in Excel and Word.
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of internally displaced persons in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian citizens or permanent residents in Ukraine are strongly encouraged to apply.
What PAH offers:
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- Work experience with professional and flexible NGO, one of the largest in Central-Eastern Europe
- Salary defined by PAHs salary grid
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents in ENGLISH only:
- CV including work experience and education
- Cover letter
- Your salary offer
- Three referees with their complete contact information
Please submit above mentioned documents to [email protected] indicating “PROJECT ASSISTANT” of in reference/topic of your e-mail.
Closing date for applications is September 7th, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.