The Ukraine NGO Forum was established in the autumn of 2014 to facilitate information sharing, capcity building, coordination and advocacy activities in order to enhance the impact and effectiveness of humanitarian and recovery activities in Ukraine, based on ethical obligations, transparency and accountability.
The NGO Forum is a membership organization that welcomes participation by international and national NGO’s in Ukraine working with humanitarian assistance, recovery and/or development. The NGO Forum for Ukraine works closely with Ukrainian and international NGO’s, as well non-traditional humanitarian actors, including agencies, departments and offices of United Nations and Ukrainian government. The NGO Forum is committed to working with as well as complementing existing coordination mechanisms in Ukraine.
The NGO Forum has an important role to play in minimising gaps, and duplication as well as enhancing coordination and synergies in humanitarian activities and between NGOs.
The successful candidate will contribute to ensuring appropriate, accountable, and effective humanitarian and recovery actions in Ukraine by harmonizing NGO collective opinions, by addressing issues not considered by UN-led mechanisms, and by providing consistent and constructive advocacy from within the NGO community.
- Under the overall supervision of the Director of the Ukraine NGO Forum, the Regional NGO Forum Coordinator will have the following duties:
- Facilitates transparent coordination between the NGO Forum members including regular sharing of information between members, and to external stakeholders.
- Provides information, briefings, presentations on the function and structure of the humanitarian NGO community in Ukraine.
- Coordinates Capacity-building activities of NGO Forum and its members.
- Develops productive relationships with key individuals in relevant government as required in close collaboration with the Senior Coordinator and the NGO Forum Steering Committee, including ministries, civil society, counterpart institutions, the foreign and national NGO community, UN agencies and offices, Government of Ukraine, diplomatic missions, and donors.
- Schedule NGO Forum meetings throughout Ukraine.
- Encourages non-NGO Forum Ukrainian NGOs providing humanitarian and recovery aid to participate in the NGO Forum and share information of their activities and observed needs.
- Represents and advocates to external stakeholders in close collaboration with the NGO community.
- Liaises with other NGO platforms.
- Support in the planning, development and implementation of the projects
- Support in compiling timely project reports and ensure the gathering of relevant data
- Inform strategically important interlocutors about Ukraine NGO Forum mandate, principles and activities.
- Other tasks instructed by the Director of the Forum.
Experience and skills
- The successful candidate will have:
- At least four years of NGO experience, of which at least three years were at programme management level;
- Deep knowledge of Ukraine NGO and civil society environment;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian legislation and government regulations related to NGOs activities
- Experience working with various stakeholders including local administration and government;
- Experience working in humanitarian and/or development assistance projects;
- Readiness and ability to multitask;
- Fluency in English and
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian language.
- Terms and conditions
The term of the assignment is 9 months with possible extension (pending funding).
Availability: 1 July, 2016
Submit your application (consisting of a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than three pages) no later than June 29, 2016 to [email protected].
All applications will be reviewed through a fair process of selection. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.