The Ukraine NGO Forum was established in the autumn of 2014 to facilitate information sharing, coordination and advocacy activities in order to enhance the impact and effectiveness of humanitarian and recovery activities in Ukraine, based on ethical obligations, transparency and accountability.
The NGO Forum is a membership organization that welcomes participation by international and national NGO’s in Ukraine working with humanitarian assistance, recovery and/or development. The NGO Forum for Ukraine works closely with Ukrainian and international NGO’s, as well non-traditional humanitarian actors, including agencies, departments and offices of United Nations and Ukrainian government. The NGO Forum is committed to working with as well as complementing existing coordination mechanisms in Ukraine.
The NGO Forum play an important role minimizing gaps, and duplication as well as enhancing coordination and synergies in humanitarian activities and between NGOs.
The successful candidate will contribute to ensuring appropriate, accountable, and effective humanitarian and recovery actions in Ukraine by harmonizing and supporting NGO collective opinions and actions, and by providing consistent and constructive advocacy and service for the NGO community.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior NGO Forum Coordinator, the Information Manager will have the following duties:
- Together with Ukraine NGO Forum Steering Committee develop communication strategy of Ukraine NGO Forum
- Be responsible for maintain NGO Forum web page in 3 languages (English, Russian and Ukrainian),support with relevant news updates/events, other materials, etc
- Communicate with NGO Forum members’ communication departments and collect regularly updates and news
- Be active manager of the social media accounts of Ukraine NGOForum (Facebook and Twitter)
- Be responsible for news mailing for subscribed organisations
- Develop together with Ukraine NGO Forum Secretariat and with technical support from lawyers/auditors, analytical documents on changes in legislation, accreditation, analysis, statistics, procedures, taxation
- Responsible for the update and analysis of the information on different regional local NGOs
- Development of joined database of different local actors and production of interactive mapping of the NGOs activities and presence
- Other tasks instructed by the Senior Coordinator and the NGO Forum Steering Committee.
- Responsible for printing materials, visibility, reporting’s analytics (infographics)
- Know visual programs such as photoshop, illustrator. Some experience with infographic is a plus
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of communication office experience
- Deep knowledge of Ukraine NGO and civil society environment;
- Experience in SMM, some technical skills for web page maintenance
- Readiness and ability to multitask and with strict deadlines
- Service orientation, openness, and be prepared for continuous learning
- Critical and analytical perception
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian language.
Availability: From 1 July, 2016
Submit your application (consisting of a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than three pages) no later than July 19, 2016 [email protected]
All applications will be reviewed through a fair process of selection. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.