People in Need (PIN) is the Czech Republic based NGO working in relief and development sectors. See more at www.peopleineed.cz In early August 2014 PIN opened humanitarian response in Eastern Ukraine and the program is rapidly expanding. Focus is given on the assistance to the IDPs, returnees and population living in the contested areas in the sectors of food security, shelter & winterization and health. Total volume of the programs is over 12 million USD funded for example by OFDA, ECHO, UNHCR, WFP and private donors.
The Shelter/NFI Cluster started in Ukraine in September 2014 as a group of 27 partner organizations, implementing humanitarian assistance in the sector, with an overall funding level of 30 million USD (2014 estimate).
PURPOSE of the position:
Under the supervision of, and in close collaboration with, the Shelter/NFI Cluster Co-Chair, the Sub-National Shelter/NFI Cluster Assistant oversees daily aspects of the coordination of the Shelter Cluster at a sub-national level, based in Sloviansk, working on all Cluster issues relating to Shelter, Non-Food Item (NFI), and Cash humanitarian assistance. This will include sub-national information management for Cluster activities, support to external liaison with Cluster partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders, and other administrative arrangements.
Contract term: 6 month with possible prolongation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in similar roles
- University degree (preferably Economics/International Relations)
- Strong research skills, able to conduct timely and accurate research, summarizing information in a clear and consistent manner
- High-level numerical skills and IT literacy (Microsoft Office, especially with Microsoft Excel). Proven ability in managing and synthesising large quantitative datasets
- High-level language proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian, Russian, and English, coping with specific humanitarian and shelter terminology
- Experience with organisational external representation and coordination
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
- Able to take initiative and work autonomously as necessary
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Skills in database use, information flow, and data management (Android platforms, ArcGIS, or similar)
- Experience in the construction sector – technical skills and/or legal regulations
- Experience delivering trainings
- Knowledge of local administration policies and procedures
Data management and reporting
- Follow tracking tools for Shelter Cluster sub-national activities and events at the sub-national level – including baselines, assessments, reviews, and evaluations – tracking trends, recommendations, and implementation where appropriate
- Ensure reporting schedules and templates are used and accurately updated by all partners
- Compile received data in a consistent manner in order to extract trends and indicators necessary to follow up evolution of the situation
- Draft regular reports compiling figures and achievements
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper and/or electronic format
Technical and assessment support
- Assist with compliance assessments of Collective Centres and other main Cluster activities
- Assist in the implementation of a beneficiary accountability system at the field level. Oversee outreach policies and related cluster documentation.
- Contribute to technical discussion relating to activities definition and drafting of technical specifications, including through market survey and internet research
Support to external liaison and representation
- Support the Co-Chair in liaison and relationship-building with Cluster members, humanitarian actors, local government authorities and services, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Refer and orient Cluster members to relevant and appropriate documentation
- Translation (written and verbal) to/from both Ukrainian and Russian with English as required
- Organize the logistics of Cluster sub-national activities and events, mainly training workshops and field visits
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV in English and cover letter as soon as possible via e-mail to email@example.com , subject «Cluster Assistant». Deadline - 25.06.2015. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.