Job opening at CEE Bankwatch Network — Energy coordinator
CEE Bankwatch Network, one of the longest established environmental NGO networks in central and eastern Europe, is currently seeking an Energy coordinator to help support the network’s campaign and policy work.
Bankwatch works on a diverse range of energy projects across central and eastern Europe. We collaborate with communities that are endeavouring to limit the environmental and social impacts of major energy infrastructure projects such as pipelines that are to be supported by international public finance institutions. We also seek to promote more sustainable energy approaches such as energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Candidates for the job should have:
- Excellent understanding of energy policies in the EU and/or CEE region, including EU energy legislation
- Strong organisational skills and proven ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
Knowledge of Russian language and experience of working on issues related to the EU and international financial institutions (IFIs) would be an advantage.
The Energy coordinator position will involve:
- Supporting Bankwatch’s national coordinators in their work on controversial energy projects that are in line for or have received funding from the EU and the IFIs
- Linking national energy campaigns and agendas with our work on EU and IFI policies, mainly through advocacy and outreach work
- Incorporating the elements of our national campaigns into Bankwatch’s position on energy related issues
- Contributing to the expertise building of our member groups on energy related topics.
- A full-time position, subject to a three month trial period
- Work on a diverse and dynamic range of activities, in a multicultural environment
- A salary that is competitive for the non-profit or public sector in the region
- Life-work balance and staff benefits
- Work location in one of Bankwatch’s offices across central and eastern Europe.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV in English to: jobs AT bankwatch.org
The letter of motivation should clearly describe why you want the job and demonstrate how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above.
Closing date for applications: March 25, 2009.
Expected start date: May/June 2009