The major donor fundraiser is to be primarily responsible for establishing and operating CEE Bankwatch Network’s fundraising programme targeting major donors (= high net-worth individuals). The position can be based in any country with a CEE Bankwatch member organisation, although it will initially require regular travel to Prague, if not based there.
See more details below or download the job advert.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for working with major donors;
- Establish contacts database which involves available contacts, supporters and activists as well as potential major donors or contacts leading to major donors;
- Work out a communications protocol for approaching major donors, including first approach, meetings and follow-up;
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with major donors and potential major donors;
- Develop tools for working with major donors: presentation of organisation’s mission and vision, engaging major donors for the cause, setting up stewardship programme;
- Create donor-friendly organisational environment – placing donation requests component on materials, publications, website etc.;
- Prepare, as required, reports or other information materials for major donors.
Description of the ideal candidate Experience, knowledge
- Proven track-record in research and marketing targeting major donors (preferably for a charity) 3 to 4 years experience working in a non-profit setting (volunteer or paid)
- Understanding of CEE cultural diversity and its impact on fundraising communications and approaches throughout the region
- Advanced computer skills (for presentations, spread sheets etc.) and characteristics
- Convincing communication skills - ability to improvise, communicate with passion and sell the cause
- Strong language skills, writing abilities and a ‘good sense of taste’ (i.e. able to produce convincing materials)
- Strong sense of initiative
- Ability to carry out tasks from the beginning to the end
- Highly creative personality
- Well-organised and meticulous (thinks about the details in the process and makes sure all corners are covered)
- Ability to learn from mistakes
- Understanding and appreciation of environmental and development issues
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to jobs AT bankwatch.org with “Major donor fundraiser” in the subject line.
Also if you have enquiries about the position, please use the same address.
We accept applications continuously, until the position is filled.