Фонд розвитку медіа Посольства США в Україні запрошує до участі у конкурсі грантів незалежні медіа та пов'язані з медіа-сферою громадські організації з Одеської, Миколаївської, Херсонської, Запорізької та Дніпропетровської областей. Тематика конкурсу присвячена підвищенню професійних стандартів в аналітичній та розслідувальній журналістиці. Розмір гранту - до 25000 доларів США. Дедлайн - 15 квітня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
Більше грантів у розділі Гранти
The U.S. Embassy’s Media Development Fund (MDF) invites independent media outlets and registered Ukrainian South-East non-governmental organizations (NGOs) involved in media or media freedom issues in Odesa, Mykolaiv, Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, and Dnipro regions to submit proposals for projects designed to enhance professional journalism standards in analytical reporting and investigative journalism.
The proposals may include but are not limited to the following issues:
- Freedom of the press in regional media;
- Transparency and accountability of local government, and access to official information;
- Freedom of speech issues and misinformation in the time of war in Eastern Ukraine;
- Rights of minorities and vulnerable populations;
- Journalists’ rights protection and self-regulation in media.
All of the above activities may include a training component for the local journalists.
- Grants can be given only to Ukrainian independent media outlets (print and electronic) and NGOs registered in accordance with Ukrainian law;
- All project activities are to take place in Ukraine;
- Applicants are encouraged to seek funding from other donors and to offer some type of cost sharing (volunteer time, space, equipment, etc.);
- All applicants should be non-partisan. They cannot represent or be affiliated with a political party, or appointed or elected officials. State-owned media or media outlets that belong to, or supported by, political parties are not eligible to apply.
The U.S. Embassy expects to fund quality and results-oriented projects from media outlets and NGOs located throughout Ukraine. The duration of programs may vary depending on the proposals but the length of the project should be no greater than 12 months. The average project budget will be $15,000–$20,000. The winners of this grant competition will be notified in May 2018.
Maximum funding available for a single grant is $25,000
Deadline: no later than April 15, 2018, 11:00 a.m.
How to apply
Send project proposals marked “Support for south-eastern media” electronically to the address: KyivMDF@state.gov Please do not archive your documents. Send them as separate files.
are available at: https://ua.usembassy.gov/education-culture/media-development-fund/.
Please pay attention to DUNS and sam.gov registration. Organizations failed to start registration in sam.gov and obtain the status ‘submitted,’ will not be considered. All applicants will be notified (by phone or e-mail) of their application’s receipt. If do not get a confirmation within three or more days, please contact us
Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received before April 15, will receive priority consideration. Applicants are encouraged strongly to review the information on the U.S. Embassy Media Development Fund prior to submitting their proposals.
Application forms with instructions