Агентство США з міжнародного розвитку (USAID), Департамент міжнародного розвитку Великої Британії, та Grand Challenges Canada оголошують конкурс заявок за програмою «Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge». Мета програми - заохочувати та допомагати у реалізації новаторських рішень, що дозволять поліпшити життя людей, які постраждали від конфліктів та спричинених ними гуманітарних криз. Дедлайн - 9 квітня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
Більше грантів у розділі Гранти
The U.S. Agency for International Development, the UK Department for International Development, and Grand Challenges Canada are partnering on Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge. Aligned with the Grand Bargain, we aim to identify, promote, and accelerate groundbreaking local solutions that have the potential to save and significantly improve the lives of people that are affected by conflict.
We seek life-saving or life-improving innovations to help the most vulnerable and hardest-to-reach people impacted by humanitarian crises caused by conflict. These innovations will involve a connection to the private sector and input from affected communities in order to provide, supply, or locally generate safe drinking water and sanitation, energy, life-saving information, or health supplies and services to help conflict-affected people.
- Step 1: Create an account through Grand Challenges Canada's Community Portal*
- Step 2: Submit an application for Seed or Transition to Scale funding
* Once you have created an account, please allow up to one (1) business day for Grand Challenges Canada to process your account request. Therefore, please create an account no later than 9 April 2018. Applicants may return to the Community Portal to continue working on their application at any time until 12 April 2018, 15:30 GMT. For technical support, please contact [email protected].
Who will benefit
We seek innovations that focus on people who are particularly vulnerable in conflict-affected humanitarian crisis. This includes people who are vulnerable due to their gender, sexuality, religion, age, or income; people with disabilities, chronic health conditions, people who are stateless, minorities, or people who are unable to evacuate.
Awardees of the first call for innovations are eligible for a host of benefits. These benefits include Seed or Transition to Scale Funding, publicity and marketing promotional support, exclusive industry, investor, and partner networking events, solution development acceleration support, mentorship opportunities, and partnership brokering support.
- Seed Funding: We expect to fund approximately 10-15 seed projects. Successful proposals for seed funding will each be awarded grants of up to $250,000 CAD over a maximum of twenty-four (24) months to support the validation and testing of new approaches.
- Transition to Scale Funding: We expect to fund between 2 and 4 Transition-to-Scale projects for up to $1,000,000 CAD with technical support over a maximum of twenty-four (24) months to support the refinement, testing, and implementation of innovative solutions that have already achieved proof of concept.
- Registration Deadline: April 9, 2018
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2018 at 11:30 am North America Eastern Time Zone (15:30 GMT)
- Successful applicants receive invitations to submit full Transition to Scale applications: July 2018
- Notification of application status of Seed project applications: September 2018
- Anticipated start date of Seed projects: December 2018
- Anticipated start date of Transition to Scale projects: Early 2019.