Examples of the costs that can be covered by Demonstration Projects grants are:
- Equipment purchases
- Training of staff that will operate the equipment
- Services required to transport, install, and get the technology up and running
- Communicating project results and information about the technology in order to awaken interest
Technology or equipment investments should make up a substantial proportion of the total project cost.
The grant can range from SEK 500,000 to 1,800,000. Tillväxtverket can fund up to 50 percent of your invoiced equipment costs and up to 80 percent of your invoiced costs for services. The remaining 50 percent and 20 percent, respectively, must come from co-financing from the applicant or other private or public sources such as an international organisation or a public institution.
How will the grant be paid?
Tillväxtverket pays the approved costs retrospectively and the Grant Recipient must show that its share has already been paid. The Grant will be disbursed as follows:
20 %- of the approved grant after the technology has been ordered from the partner
60 % - of the approved grant when the technology is in use and an onsite monitoring inspection has been conducted
20 % - of the approved grant after marketing and communication activities have been carried out in accordance with the agreed project plan
The following costs are not eligible for funding and will not be reimbursed:
- Any costs incurred before the decision to award the grant is made
- Wages and salaries for staff
- Input materials intended for the continuous production of goods or services
- Direct investments in inventory, real estate or land intended for the continuous production of goods or services
- Financial transaction fees, foreign exchange fees, interest payments, and other financial expenses
- Representation and per diem for workshop participants
- Duties, taxes, and statutory charges
- Indirect costs.