Глобальна мережа розвитку Інституту Світового Банку (Global Development Network) оголошує конкурс дослідницьких проектів та конкурс проектів неурядових організацій для отримання грошової винагороди за найкращий інноваційний проект з розвитку громадянського суспільства (далі - англ.).
The Global Development Awards Competition is an innovative award scheme launched by Global Development Network (GDN) with the generous support from the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan. The Awards Competition recognizes excellence in policy-oriented research, supports research capacity development of researchers in developing countries and funds innovative social development projects benefiting marginalized groups in the developing world. Finalists from both award categories will be invited to present their proposals at Annual Global Development Conference held in Peru from 17-18 March, 2016.
The competition is accepting submissions in two categories:
1. Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD): competitive research grant program that identifies and funds outstanding research proposals submitted by researchers from developing countries and transition economies;
Research Proposals for the Award will be considered in following four sub-themes:
- Educating and Developing Skills for the Future
- Financing Quality Education
- Pedagogy and Aids to Education
- Educational Policy and Research
2. Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP): competitive grant program that provides grants to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) located in developing countries to help scale up their innovative projects.
- Eligible countries for the ORD competition are those classified as low-income or middle-income countries (including Ukraine);
- Open only to researchers who are nationals of an eligible country;
- Open to citizens of eligible countries who are temporarily based in a non-eligible country but not for more than five years;
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years;
- MIDP Award is open to all development projects being implemented in low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries;
- The project must be managed by a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its headquarters in one of the eligible countries.
- First Prize: USD 30,000;
- Second Prize: USD 10,000;
- Third Prize: USD 5,000 (both categories).
How to apply?
- For ORD: To submit your application, please use online submissions platform here;
- For MIDP: To submit your application, please use online submissions platform here.
The last date for submitting your application for ORD and MIDP is 15 January, 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website http://bit.ly/1HSrBwo.