Applications received after this deadline will not be eligible for this funding period.
The application should be completed in either English or French.
1. Create your account for the On-line Application Platform by filling in the registration form at:
http://en.unesco.org/creativity/applicationform/register (for English)
http://fr.unesco.org/creativity/applicationform/register (for French)
* Only one application can be submitted per account.
2. Once you receive your login and password by email, log in to the on-line application platform and start developing your application.
You may log in and log out from the On-line Application Platform several times. Please save your application each time, before logging out;
3. Start with filling in the basic information on the project and the project manager;
4. Download and save the On-line Application Form on your computer. Once you have completed the application form, click the “Save Application Form” button at the end of the form. Then, upload it on the on-line platform in the “Project documents” section.
* Consult the IFCD Annotated Guide to help you prepare a successful application;
5. Attach the following required documents in the “Project documents” section according to the different type of applicant:
For Parties and Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
Official document demonstrating that your organization is a public authority/institution or an NGO from a developing country that is a Party to the UNESCO 2005 Convention, with a translation of this document into English or French if necessary;
For International non-governmental organizations (INGOs)
i) Applications by INGOs must demonstrate a sub-regional, regional or inter-regional impact throughletters of support from governmental authorities from each of the beneficiary countries in the targeted sub-region/region(s) that ensure the project is relevant and meets the beneficiary’s needs and priorities;
* In the context of the IFCD funding process, regional refers to a group or cluster of countries, not a territory within a single country.
The INGOs are also required to demonstrate the international character of the organization through the following documents:
ii) Official document proving your legal status as an international NGO;
iii) Document demonstrating that membership (both institutional and individual) is international such as a list of members of the organization and the countries of origin;
iv) Document proving that recent activities have been carried out in several countries around the world.
All these documents should be accompanied with a translation into English or French if necessary.
6. At this stage, don’t forget to Save your application on the platform. Before proceeding to the “Final submission” section of the on-line platform, it is possible to repeatedly log in and log out from the platform in order to make further changes and/or update your application.
7. Read and accept the terms of condition by clicking on the boxes in the “Final submission” section.
8. As the last step, sign and submit the application.
Application and Selection procedure for funding requests
- Step 1: National Commissions shall disseminate the call for funding requests through their networks and communicate the relevant information regarding the IFCD On-line Application Platform as well as the deadline for submissions (15 April 2015, midnight CET).
- Step 2: Applicants shall develop and submit their applications and all supporting documents on the on-line application platform by 15 April 2015, midnight CET.
- Step 3: National Commissions shall form a pre-selection panel made up of, in particular, Ministries of Culture and/or other Ministries responsible for the cultural industries, and members of civil society organizations specializing in the field of culture to undertake a first review ensuring that applications are relevant, meet the country’s needs and priorities, are deemed to be feasible, and have been subject to consultation among stakeholders. This panel shall then pre-select a maximum of four funding requests (two maximum from public authorities/institutions and two maximum from NGOs) per country on the on-line application platform by 15 May 2015, midnight CET.
International NGOs (INGOs) are not subject to the pre-selection procedure undertaken by the National Commissions. Each INGO may present a maximum of two applications on the on-line application platform by 15 April 2015 (midnight CET). The applications will be directly considered for technical assessment by the UNESCO Secretariat, which will verify if the applications are complete, fall within the areas of intervention of the IFCD, and are therefore eligible. The UNESCO Secretariat will inform INGO applicants about the status of their applications by August 2015, at the latest.
- Step 4: Upon receiving the pre-selected applications from the National Commissions by 15 May 2015 (midnight CET), the UNESCO Secretariat will perform a technical assessment to ensure that the applications are complete, fall within the areas of intervention of the IFCD, and are therefore eligible. Following this technical assessment, National Commissions will be informed by the UNESCO Secretariat whether the applications from their country have been retained for evaluation by the Panel of Experts or they have been deemed non-eligible. At this point, National Commissions will inform the applicants about the status of the applications by August 2015, at the latest.
- Step 5: All eligible funding requests will be evaluated by an international panel of experts from UNESCO's five regions. Each application will be reviewed by two members of the Panel of Experts, based on the evaluation criteria established for the IFCD.
- Step 6: Final recommendations of the Panel of Experts will be communicated to the Intergovernmental Committee of the 2005 Convention, which will make the final decision on those applications to receive funding from the IFCD during its ninth ordinary session at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris from 14 to 16 December 2015.
* Only one project can be retained by the Committee per beneficiary (Party, NGO, INGO).
- Step 7: The UNESCO Secretariat shall inform the beneficiaries of the approved projects. Project implementation shall start from March 2016.
For more information on the IFCD application process, please refer to: