Bridges for Trainers – це простір для обговорення освітніх тенденцій у молодіжній сфері. Планується обговорення ролі та завдань тренерів, зокрема що стосуються нової стратегії молодіжної політики в ЄС. Дедлайн - 24 вересня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
Trainers and training providers with existing training strategies for trainers at national or international level are invited to come to Prague and discuss the possible links between the work of trainers and the policy initiatives in the field of youth, including the new EU Youth Strategy. The idea is to explore trainers’ roles and tasks to better recognise and support policy initiatives in youth work (and vice-versa), what are the possible opportunities, synergies, areas of tensions, what is needed, etc. This will be linked with further reflections on the new ‘being civically engaged’ competence area of the ETS model for trainers, with being pro-activ(ist) in youth work, the further development of quality in youth work, and the digitalisation of youth work, amongst other themes under the scope of current policy initiatives.
The main intentions for BfT 2018 are:
- To get insights of the new programme and/or policy initiatives that have an impact on the role/tasks/work of trainers;
- To explore the contents of the new EU Youth Strategy (still probably in its drafted version);
- To reflect on possible areas of tensions – thematic or not - with regard to the role and tasks of trainers and policy initiatives;
- To update on and collect feedback to recent and planned developments within the European Training Strategy (ETS); and
- To encourage networking and exchange with other trainers and other training providers.
BfT 2018 is organised and financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action NAs of Czech Republic, Germany, and SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre and will be moderated by Alexandra Beweis (AT) and Bara Rodi (CZ). The hosting costs will be co-financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action NAs of Germany, the Netherlands, Slovenia and Spain.
It will take place from 28 -30 November (travel on the 27th evening and departure 30th afternoon) in Prague, Czech Republic and will gather ca. 140 participants with the following profiles or roles:
- Trainers experienced in youth workers and youth leaders training (national and international level – attention: no trainers training only young people!);
- Training course providers implementing training strategies for trainers (organisations/institutions); and
- Erasmus+: Youth in Action/SALTO RC staff cooperating with trainers and trainer pools.
Bridges for Trainers 2018 will still be articulated around the 'ETS Competence model for trainers working at international level' developed in 2013 under the European Training Strategy (ETS) of the Youth in Action Programme and composed of currently 7 competence areas (‘being civically engaged’ being now formally included in the model).
BfT serves as a platform to contribute to exploring the next steps to be undertaken in the ETS development and to reflect on what role Erasmus+: Youth in Action could play in this. BfT takes place every two years and is a conference concept bringing together experienced trainers, other training providers, and Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA/SALTO RC staff working with trainers / trainer pools to reflect on trends and core issues in the youth field and effects on the work of trainers.
More information on additional planned offers for trainers can be found at www.salto-youth.net/TCDproject, the long-term cooperation project of 8 NAs and SALTO T&C RC.
- European Training Strategy in the field of Youth (ETS): www.salto-youth.net/trainingstrategy
- ETS Competence Model for Trainers to work at international: www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences
- ETS Competence Model for Youth Workers to work international: www.salto-youth.net/youthworkers-competence-model