Тендер на консалтингові послуги з моніторингу та оцінки проєкту. Дедлайн 2 вересня 2019 р.
Learning Together is a four-year collaborative project between Ukraine and Finland. The project is funded by the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the European Commission. The Finnish consortium in charge of the project implementation is led by FCG International Ltd. The project started in August 2018 and will continue till July 2022.
The project focuses on supporting the New Ukrainian School (NUS) reform, especially in the primary education, and is designed around three main clusters and cross-cutting elements. These clusters are (1) teacher preparation, (2) education promotion, and (3) education environment.
Learning together is now seeking to contract a qualified and experienced evaluation, monitoring and research organization to undertake work associated with the implementation activities related with the projects evaluation plan. The purpose of this Terms of Reference (TOR) is to call for competitive proposals for this task. This assignment focuses on monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
The objective of the Service Provider is to provide qualified expert evaluation and monitoring assistance to the international technical assistance project “Finland’s support to the Ukrainian school reform”. The Service Provider would be in charge to operationalize, implement, analyze and report evaluation activities described in the project’s evaluation plan. Evaluation plan will be revised annually by the Contractor and the Service Provider.
2. Scope of Work
The service provision lasts from September 2019 until the end of the Project. The Service Provider will be contracted to operationalize the evaluation plan, including the following tasks:
- Project’s own training activities
- To plan, develop, implement, analyze and report on the feedback from the participants of training events organized by the Contractor.
- To organize impact evaluations of the project’s training activities.
- Teacher Certification
- To support organizations that are responsible for teacher certification by providing external evaluation and monitoring of their tools and practices (document analysis, collection of best international practices, observations, statistical analysis).
- To provide recommendations for further enhancement of the teacher certification related procedures.
- Professional standards of school principals and teachers
- To support organizations that are responsible for the development of the professional standards for principals and teachers by providing external evaluation and monitoring of their tools and practices (document analysis, collection of best international practices, observations, statistical analysis).
- To provide recommendations for further enhancement of the professional standards for principals and teachers related procedures.
- Revise the evaluation plan annually with Contractor and collaborative organizations (MoES, NUS) and when needed
- Participate in other monitoring and evaluation related activities pointed out by the Contractor.
- To collect the baseline data from existing documents and reports.
- To organize Training Needs Assessments if needed.
The supervision of the monitoring and evaluation activities will be carried out by the Project Learning Together and the staff of MOES.
The targeted groups: The work should be targeted to teachers, school principals, education administration, and education experts nationwide.
The budget, details of the assignment, terms and conditions will be specified in the contract between the FCG International Ltd (Contractor) and the local Service Provider. Payment milestones will be based on the acceptance of the key deliverables by the Project Management Team.
5. Submission requirements
The Proposal must include the following:
5.1 Breakdown of costs
The budget should state the fees of the evaluation team members. The budget does not cover any other additional costs, like materials, office, rent, etc. The fees shall be defined on rates based on working days or working hours. The Budget Breakdown must be in Euros.
5.2 Curriculum Vitae of each member of the Service Provider’s team who is working for this assignment.
5.3. Official documents proving the status of the organization and the document proving the financial capacity (annual turnover and profit/loss) of the organization. Copies of registration documents (including a copy of the certificates of state registration of legal entities which the Participant plans to apply for the provision of services, a copy of the tax certificate; an Extract from the Statute indicating the activities).
5.4 References to the previous work on evaluation and monitoring activities.
Other relevant supporting material may be attached as an annex.
The Proposal must be in English.
6. Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated based on Quality (90% weight) and Price (10% weight).
The quality of the proposal will be evaluated based on the following:
- Previous experience in similar assignments,
- Proven knowledge of the education sector
- Wide expertise of evaluation team covering Contractor’s needs.
- Proven ability to provide evaluation activities and results.
- The quality of technical proposal
- The quality of respond to Contractor’s requests.
The Service Provider’s team should have the following qualifications:
- Team leader’s minimum of 4 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, research and analysis in education or in another related field
- A master’s degree in the field of statistics, education, social sciences or another relevant field
- Experience of working with organizations under the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science as well as NGOs
- Thorough knowledge of the New Ukrainian School Reform
- Capability and proven experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability and proven experience in taking initiative and working effectively under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills in English and Ukrainian
7. Deadline for Proposals
The timeline of the tender is as follows:
All tenderers are requested to indicate their interest to submit their proposal by 30 of August 2019 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In case the tenderers want to have further clarification on the competition, written questions must be sent via email (email@example.com) by 23 of August 2019.
- All tenderers will be provided with answers to all clarification requests by 30 of August 2019.
The final application must be submitted by the 02 of September 2019 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that all written communication must be in English. Further instructions for the tender are given only from the email mentioned above. Any further information or advice obtained from other sources may be disregarded in the tender evaluation.