Проект «Фінська підтримка реформи української школи» оголошує конкурс на закупівлю консалтингових послуг з аналізу розроблених курикулумів, навчальних програм та навчальних матеріалів. Дедлайн - 1 липня 2019 року.
About the Project
Finland’s Support to the Ukrainian School Reform is a four-year co-operation that started between Ukraine and Finland in July 2018 and was joined by the EU in late 2018. The work is scheduled to last until July 2022. The Project is implemented by FCG International.
Finland’s Support to the Ukrainian School Reform focuses on general secondary education, and is designed around three main result-clusters and cross-cutting elements. The three interlinked result-clusters are (1) teacher preparation, (2) education promotion and (3) education environment. The EUsupport is targeted specifically to enhance the Ukrainian language instruction among the national minorities is fully integrated into the three clusters in a cross-cutting manner. In addition, inclusive education for all is supported as an initial cross-cutting element across the three clusters.
Objective of Assignment
Analysis of the developed curricula, study programs and teaching materials. Formation of technical requirements for the design and functionality of the program module “NUS Curriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit”. Testing and quality control of the platform. Scripting and preparing materials for online learning. Analysis of feedback from users, evaluation of the effectiveness of the system during the test period
Design and Development of the software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development. Testing and quality assurance, content entering
Administration and maintenance of the developed tool.
Receiving from stakeholders, processing and preparing for the publication of content
The target groups for this e-Toolkit are:
- Authors and adapters of Curriculum, Study Programs, and Teaching Materials
- Principals and leaders of pilot schools
- Pilot school teachers, parents of children who study in pilot schools
- Representatives of publishers who develop and produce textbooks for the new Ukrainian school
The software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development has been improved and is available for all categories of users.
Authors and adapters of school standards, developers of curricula and programs, leaders and teachers of pilot schools, textbook publishers are actively using the tool in their work.
Time input requested: 10 working-months distributed by several experts during July -February 2020. The tool has to be prepared for testing by July 1, 2019.
Key Outputs of Assignment:
The main output of the assignment is a developed software tool for Curriculum development, Study Program development, and Teaching Materials development.
As a minimum, the following modules of the tool will be developed or upgraded:
- Creating Educational Programs for Publishers tool.It is planned to create a separate module for representatives of publishing houses. Publishers can use the tool to create curriculum subjects, including integrated ones.
- Creation of a library of electronic educational resources (EER) (database of resources with labels (bindings) to specific expected results (SERs), educational subject (curriculum), class, type of resource (video, texts, videos, maps, etc.). Note: There may be several labels, for example, one EER can be recommended for different items of different SERs.
- Adding the Resource Provision module. It is assumed that upon completion of the program package, the school can go to the Resource section and review or change the resource provision of a specific curriculum, namely: to view the statistics of the availability of EER for the identified SERs (by branch, class, number), usage frequency statistics certain EER (as in SERs, because one EER, for example, educational video, can be used in various subjects, programs).
- Establishing an expert evaluation system for established learning programs: appoint experts, provide them with access to assessment (and modifying the status of comments) of programs that differ from the typical more than 25% (in this case, the expert should receive notification of the need for expertise). At the same time, the review statistics should be implemented (who and what programs reviewed), reviews and statuses (how many new programs have been accepted and what are the programs)
- Embedding e-learning system: adding a discussion forum, embedding a webinar system
- Administering technical + technical advisory
- Organizational administration (project participants - experts) + counselling (methodical organizational)
- Development of instructions and conducting of training webinars both in work with the platform, and in the development of training programs, their expertise, innovations in the project, etc.
The vendor must perform at least the following works:
- Analysis of the developed curricula, study programs and teaching materials
- Developing of technical requirements for the design and functionality of the program module “NUS Curriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit”
- Developing and introducing training module for users
- Developing and introducing training module for publishers how to develop study programs using NUS Curriculum/Study Program/Teaching Materials Toolkit
- Testing and quality control of the platform
- Analysis of feedback from users, evaluation of the effectiveness of the system during the test period
- Analysing and reporting the results
- User interface design
- Software development (front end and back end)
- Testing, quality assurance of the developed software platform
- Primary content entering
- Administration of the developed tool and related software
- Preparation of information materials/knowledge database and answers to users’ questions
- Content processing and publishing
- Contacting the stakeholders and content authors
- Processing of the content and preparation for publication
- Preparation and presentation of the system for different categories of users
- Developing and introducing training modules
- Conducting workshops for respective audience
The organisation contracted to implement this assignment will work closely with the Key experts of the project on the structure and technical requirements of the Toolkit and specific technical capabilities of the platform and will report to the Team Leader on the implementation of the assignment.
Required profile for the Experts:
The Organisation should have the following professional experience:
Qualification and skills:
- At least 3 years of activities on the market of software development, e-learning and curriculum development
- Ability to work in English and Ukrainian
General professional experience:
- Solid knowledge and experience in the New Ukrainian School Reform (NUS)
- Appropriate education of all key experts in the sphere of specialization
- Relevant competencies and professional experience in the respective area of expertise
- Strong knowledge and experience in software design and development issues
- Strong knowledge and experience in customer care and online content entering
- Strong knowledge and experience in content development and presenting
The official language of the assignment is English.
The Service Provider is expected and entitled to discuss issues relevant to the assignment with relevant parties, government authorities and other relevant organizations and individuals, but the team does not have any mandate to make commitments on behalf of government authorities in Ukraine and Finland, or on behalf of the Contractor, FCG International Ltd, especially.
Manual for Bilateral Programmes by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, revised version 2018 is applied in the planning and implementation of this assignment. This manual is applied in all cooperation that has been agreed between Finland and Ukraine.
Application Procedure and Schedule
Through an open call of proposals interested service providers are requested to submit a written proposal with a team of eligible national experts and the following proposed details:
(i) Curricula vitae of the proposed experts,
(ii) A maximum number of working days in total and per each expert
(iii) Total budget of the assignment in EUR
(iv) Service provider’s capability statement with relevant references
Eligible service providers are requested to submit a written proposal in English language. Evaluation will be based on pre-defined criteria. The evaluation and selection of a service provider will be carried out by the Project Management Team in accordance with the TOR and under supervision by the Steering Committee.
Proposals should be sent via email to Project Officer, Mrs. Daryna Golosna, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 July 2019.