IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in the position of Project Assistant, under the supervision of the Technology & Cybersecurity Specialist, the Project Assistant’s responsibilities will include the following:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support program logistics, event preparation, monitoring and implementation of activities under direction of supervisor;
- Edit, format and contribute to IFES reports, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations and other reports;
- Contribute to collection and tracking of indicators and other monitoring and evaluation support;
- Keep abreast of important news and trends related to key program areas;
- Maintain project records and documents;
- Conduct reviews and edits on writings, comments, and reports produced in-house;
- Plan and expedite travel and accommodation arrangements for IFES programming throughout Ukraine;
- Attend meetings at the request of supervisor and take meeting minutes;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
- Participate in conducting small research and drafting documents to perform program activities;
- Translating written documents and providing verbal interpretation for staff as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment; and
- Basic knowledge of Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field required;
- Knowledge of Ukraine electoral process preferred;
- Understanding of the IT and cybersecurity field is an advantage;
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language writing skills; and
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Doist and Atlassian products will be an advantage.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Project Assistant” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Yana Dovga at yDovga@ifes.org no later than December 16, 2021, 23:59 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.