Position Title: Subgrants and Finance Coordinator
Reports To: Finance Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Finance and Subgrants Coordinator to provide support to all program, which are currently implemented by IREX in Ukraine, by ensuring the efficient design, implementation, and compliance of all subgrants with IREX and USG rules and regulations. This person will assist Finance Unit in managing subgrants pool to local organizations as well as provide as needed support in financial management. This position reports directly to Finance Manager and will work closely with Finance Officer and Finance Assistant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- With oversight of finance manager and finance officer provide support in all subaward activities, including subgrant design, competition, due diligence, negotiations, preparation of subgrant documents, administration, monitoring and closeout.
- Maintain updated subgrant files and ensure that all subgrants are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant USG rules and regulations, and IREX policies and procedures.
- Support all internal coordination of activities related to development and implementation of subgrants and contracts, including internal certification/clearance procedures, financial monitoring and payment disbursements in a timely manner, support in preparation of RFAs, outreach activities.
- Draft grant and contract modifications.
- Assist finance manager and finance officer in budgets and expense reports review as well as provide feedback and recommendations for changes.
- Assist in other administrative tasks related to compliance such as generating various grant documentation, submitting for approval grant agreements and modifications, other related tasks.
- Regularly monitor, communicate with, and train subgrantees to ensure smooth implementation and compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Review program invoices, contracts with vendors, local staff travel expense reports, and other payments
- Work with assigned teams to help identify appropriate financial and accounting coding for donor funds, invoices and expenses, and grants.
- Provide supporting documentation for donor reporting as needed
- Provide support to Finance Manager and Finance Officer in managing SAP Concur (Ukraine): review Vendors, Purchase Orders (Procurement Action Memos) and Invoices, consult local program teams on Procurement, making sure that all documentation is in line with IREX Policies and Procedures
- Work closely with Senior Accountant and provide support in reconciliation bank statements in 1C, monitor of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Gather, file and organize originals of primary documentation (invoices and acts of acceptance, agreements, contracts)
- Verify payments supporting documentation according to local and donor regulations (approvals, invoices, memos, etc.)
- Input bank payments into Internet-Client bank program for further processing (monitor availability of funds in local currency; make sure currency exchanges are accurate in order to minimize currency gain/loss)
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in economics, finance, international development, business administration, public administration, management, or relevant field.
- At least three (2) years of proven experience
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness, and accuracy with numbers.
- Proven competency with analyzing budgets.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of USG rules and regulations and organizational policies is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to plan, prioritize, track files, and effectively manage information.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to write and present information concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional and ethical, behavior when interacting with partners and stakeholders.
- Strong command of spoken and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks and projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “Subgrants and Finance Coordinator” in the subject line to Відправити резюме by 6 pm on November 26, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.