Short-Term COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Manager
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Through October 2022
Chemonics seeks a short-term COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Manager to provide support to the USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine’s efforts on COVID-19 vaccination communications. The team leader will be directly engaged by the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Team Leader will be responsible for communications capacity building and establishing a robust communications department to include processes, policies, and standards, and prioritizing effective communications regarding land reform. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Manager
- Proactively develop and implement outreach and communications efforts for TCA projects which will have a high likelihood of achieving impact and respond to the current COVID-19 Vaccination situation in Ukraine.
- Manage TCA planned communication activities to raize the number of vaccinated elderly people in selected regions and be effective in providing relevant results in terms of vaccination hesitancy.
- Develop efforts that publicize and amplify the programmatic effect of TCA activities, working in coordination with other team members.
- Work with recipients, such as Ministry of Health, Center for Public Health, UNICEF and others, to design and take actions that utilize traditional media, social media, events, and other communication tools to enhance messaging of COVID-19 Vaccination related TCA activities.
- Analyze and utilize data from various sources (including TCA-funded researches and TCA internal researches, data from external sources, etc.) to recommend communications and outreach approaches that will maximize impact of TCA support target at lowering COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy in Ukraine.
- Prepare, present, analyze, and evaluate outreach and communications approaches to ensure consistency with program priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Provide technical support to grantees, subcontractors, and potential partners as required, during the activity preparation stage and in the implementation phase in coordination with other staff.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Grants Managers and Procurement Managers to ensure effective grant and subcontract implementation, compliance, and procurement requirements.
- Evaluate activities’ progress, and coordinate with assistance recipients and other staff to prepare, review, and approve monitoring and evaluation data and final reports.
- Analyze Ukraine’s rapidly changing environment on an ongoing basis, and contribute to rolling assessments, under the overall direction of the TCA management.
- Respond to ad hoc requests to ensure the overall efficient development of program activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years demonstrated experience in design and management of outreach and communication efforts at the national and/or regional level in Ukraine.
- Experience in behavior change communications in health sector and knowledge of the health field in Ukraine.
- Experience with creative concept development, advertising, media buys, targeting demographics, and social media.
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills, preferably with respect to report writing and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of the national and regional political context, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing activities.
- Proven knowledge of local and international NGOs and community-based organizations implementing health related activities and programs in country, as well as key governmental actors and stakeholders, with an up-to-date understanding and knowledge of the political environment and social conditions in the country.
- Fluent Ukrainian and English required; proficiency in Russian strongly preferred.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than November 7, 2021 [EW1] [VK2]. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
[EW1] Please confirm date this ad should close