Application Deadline: 21/10/2021
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: GS-3
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 year with possibility of extension
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1274
OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Field Assistant, the Senior Driver/Clerk will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services, administrative clerical support, general office and facilities management, and overall logistical support to the OCHA office staff based in Kramatorsk Ukraine, Consultants, Experts, UN staff on mission, ensuring a high degree of accuracy of work and timely delivery of results. The Senior Driver/Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, a culture of safety, a high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Ensuring proper use, regular maintenance of vehicles and planning preventative services of a fleet of soft-skinned and armored vehicles
- Ensuring availability and validity of documents and supplies
- Provision of a full range of logistical support including all necessary provisions for large VIP missions
- Assistance with general office and facilities management to ensure the full functioning of all equipment and services
- Provision of administrative and clerical services including purchasing, expense accounting, travel authorizations, security clearances, reservations, shipping and receiving, inventory management
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel within the city and to the regions with possible over-nights trips in the region;
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel during security phases when required;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport/train station and ensuring the delivery of client services related to field travel.
Ensuring proper use, regular maintenance of vehicles and planning preventative services of a fleet of soft-skinned and armored vehicles by:
- Cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle loqs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Provision of a full range of logistical support including all necessary provisions for large VIP missions:
- Ensuring timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of vehicle operations and personnel;
- Coordinating logistics operations with other UN agencies/funds/programmes and other organizations in the field as needed;
- Ensuring proper documents management and availability of all the required documents/supplies at any time and upon immediate request;
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOCHA shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Supporting procurement of goods and services within approved level of delegated authority
Assistance with general office and facilities management to ensure the full functioning of all equipment and services by:
- Tracking office stock, such as stationery, furniture, consumables etc, and ensuring the purchase of necessary items; conducts periodical inventory according to organizational standards;
- Assisting the supervisor in overall office facilities management by ensuring an adequate supply of non-consumable office stock in good working order including the provision of back up supplies and spare parts;
- Providing minor repair service of the office equipment within delegated authority and upon request of the supervisor;
- Communication with facilities/building management officials as well as with responsible common premises personnel to ensure OCHA premises are fit for purposes
- Provision of administrative and clerical services including purchasing, expense accounting, travel authorizations, security clearances, reservations, shipping and receiving, inventory management by:
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Support official documentation formalities/arrangements;
- Support other administrative/clerical services as required.
Professionalism: demonstrates excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as strong technical skills in the respective area; demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues, confidentiality and time management;
Teamwork: possesses good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic
environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Client Orientation: demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, and tact; consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
Development and Operational Effectiveness: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently;
Leadership and Self-Management: Focuses on result for the client; remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure; responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license (B, C categories).
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Driver/Clerk; safe driving record, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Experience of work for international organization is an asset.
- Certified experience in driving armored vehicles will be desirable.
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian and working knowledge of English are required.