Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position GESI Advisor
Chemonics seeks a GESI Advisor for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. The programme has been designed collaboratively, with the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and participating financing partners, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden. The purpose of PFRU is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the on-going conflict in east and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion. The programme will begin in late 2021 and run for at least three years. The GESI Advisor will be based in Kramatorsk, with regular travel across eastern and southern Ukraine as well as occasional travel to Kyiv.
The GESI Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader and Workstream Leads in developing gender strategies, including how PFRU will address GESI through ongoing research and integration into all aspects of programming.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• To mainstream gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) into PFRU goals.
• Work closely with the programme leadership to identify and implement project activities that contribute positively and directly to GESI.
• Support to the overall programme leadership and management in the design and implementation of the programme’s strategic GESI objectives, ensuring alignment to FCDO policy and the highest standards of delivery and compliance to CSSF requirements and regulations as well as Chemonics policies and procedures.
• Address issues and mitigate risks related to programme implementation in a timely manner and appropriately adjust project strategies as required.
• Assist in programme monitoring and evaluation efforts to collect, evaluate and disseminate GESI data relating to project activities.
• Oversee the additional research on the interaction between gender, conflict and political economy dynamics in order to further refine and inform the approaches to inclusion of women throughout inception and implementation of the programme.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader(s) to achieve the programme’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in gender advocacy, gender equality and social inclusion research and implementation of relevant projects and other technically relevant work experience.
• Political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
• An understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the situation with regards to Donbas and Crimea and how it related to GESI.
• Demonstrated ability in working independently and as part of a team both in-person and remotely.
• Strong organisational and work prioritisation skills.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, Russian language also an advantage.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “GESI Advisor”
in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by September 27th 2021
. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/