Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Communications Consultant will provide technical expertise and manage SACCI communication activities in support of and across all project components. They will lead SACCI activities to build the communications and outreach capacity of Ukrainian counterpart institutions on the national, regional and local levels to develop and implement effective anticorruption communication strategies. They will lead SACCI efforts to build capacity and skills of mass media outlets to responsibly report on corruption and anti-corruption and to engage citizens. This position will oversee activities of the SACCI key partners in the communication field and provide technical guidance to SACCI grantees and sub-contractors on implementing communication initiatives to reduce citizen tolerance of corruption. The Communications Consultant will contribute to the SACCI program activities planning and reporting and coordinate closely with other project teams and contribute to overall project success. This is an STTA position with an expected level of effort of up to 200 days.
- Lead the development and implementation communication strategy and plan promoting anti-corruption values and publicizing anti-corruption tools and successes.
- Identify key accomplishments and learning opportunities of activities and deliverables to highlight communication channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information.
- Provide technical oversight of the development and management of the content of the SACCI website and social media presence to increase outreach to stakeholders and access to program resources.
- Provide technical leadership in supporting selected governmental institutions by building their communication capacity and skills.
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective communication strategies.
- Provide technical oversight of communication partners, subcontractors, grantees, and consultants.
- Lead and contribute to writing or production of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, and success stories related to project activities and accomplishments.
- Facilitate the production of customized products such as data visualizations, infographics, videos, and other communication products.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Provide technical support to short-term consultant missions in Ukraine.
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns.
- Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including anti-corruption to different audiences.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, YouTube etc.).
- Experience working with developing communication materials using computer graphic applications, for example: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart, Prezi, etc.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is an asset.
- Ability to work independent and as a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine (Pandemic permitting)
- Strong written and oral fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – September 20, 2021*
To apply: Please visit our website, https://www.msiworldwide.com/
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.