Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Procurement and Finance Assistant for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
The Procurement & Finance Assistant supports procurement and finance procedures for the office. Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, s/he ensures compliance with the donors’ rules and regulations, internal Pact policies, and the Ukrainian legislation. Procurement & Finance Assistant prepares procurement instruments and the approval documents required for contracting actions execution, drafts and checks the agreements/purchase orders between Pact and other parties concerning the administrative, program and other activities, assists with finance related documentation.
- Assist with events organization: manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (e.g., venue, catering, travel), book venues, schedule speakers, etc.
- Offer procurement solutions and promote international best practice
- Provide monitoring and market information analysis for hiring, as well as procuring goods and services from independent contractors and consultants
- Support competitive vendor/consultant selection: design and announce RFP/RFQs/consultancy opportunities, conduct comparative analysis of proposals received, organize and moderate tender committees, carry out due diligence checks and risk analysis, and prepare the necessary memos
- Coordinate agreements’ execution
- Follow up on vendors and consultants
- Collect and check accounting documentation (invoices, supporting documents, etc.)
- Enter travel and petty cash related accounting transactions into Serenic NAV (ERP system) according with the granted profile
- Act as petty cash custodian
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing monthly reports
- Assist Senior Finance Officer with assets inventory
- Review travel vouchers for accuracy and tracks processing and payment
- Monthly VAT report preparation/submission to TAX inspection
- Compiling financial documents for audit reviews as needed
- Communication with the authorities regarding the project re-registration
- Update the vendors’ database as well as procurement and consultants’ tracker on the regular basis
- Ensures accurate filing of all procurement, accounting, and finance related documents
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or relevant field
- 2+ years of prior procurement and/or financial experience
- Excellent English and Ukrainian
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain the established procedures
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of Microsoft applications, including position-specific software
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors
- Demonstrated history of providing finance and procurement services in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations (2CFR200, ADS 300s, etc.)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Procurement and Finance Assistant” in the subject line. The vacancy is open until filled.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.