USAID Energy Security Project
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)  and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. 
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a Finance Expert who will serve as a Deputy of Senior Finance Expert and play a leading role in supporting Government of Ukraine counterparts, especially electricity and gas regulators, in developing financial models and analysis to support recommendations on tariff-setting and organizational management. The Finance Expert will report to the Senior Finance Expert. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Review and analyze a company’s monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and prepare financial (ratio) analysis reports;
- Analyze a company’s financial, management, tax, and regulatory accounting functions. including recording and reporting of revenues and expenses, assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, etc.;
- Assess a company’s accounting policies and recommend changes and improvements in accounting policies of a company for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and tax practices;
- Review and assess applicable tariff regulations and reporting and propose improvements in accordance with the best practices;
- Develop financial models and generate outlooks and financial forecasts including five-year and ten-year business plans for a company;
- Support the review a company’s automated accounting information systems and analyze their settings for consistency with the interpretation and application of the accounting standards and that the records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards;
- Support the development and implementation of a company’s document flow system;
- Conduct high level analysis of compliance with financial, management, tax and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Exhibit personal and professional integrity consistent with the company mission, vision and values;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 4-7 years of professional experience with energy sector or other production companies’ economic analyses, and/or advisory accounting/tax consulting;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles, including International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Knowledge of state financial accounting, tax and regulatory regulations;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to supervise teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Completed ACCA or similar relevant qualification;
- Experience in financial models’ preparation;
- Deep knowledge of Excel and Power Point;
- Willingness to work with the flexible schedule.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/ or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua