Job Ref: CPMU IT 03
Job Title: IT Specialist
Salary: USD 15,84 per hour
Vacancy type: Independent contractor
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of set by and for CPMU LES in Ukraine under a contract with CPMU.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Closing date for applications: 23-07-2021 at 23:59 UTC+1 / GMT +1
Summary of position:
Under the supervisions of Communication/Logistic Manager and the Training Support Managers, the IT Specialists duties include but not limited to the followings:
Provides problem resolution and Technical support to the client members and employees at the Mission in the daily use of Information Management (IM), Information Technology (IT) Systems and provides technical advice, coaching to users and increase the effective and efficient use of the Mission’s various IM and IT Systems. Advises the supervisors on local purchase requirements and/or local suppliers to effect repairs, or on requirements to obtain equipment/parts from HQ. Ensures the maintenance of records and logs, and tracking and reporting on problems and solutions. Coordinates the development of training plans to facilitate the exchange of knowledge. Conducts Research and analyses information technology and information management needs at the mission. Maintains a good understanding of content and location of manufacturer’s literature, departmental Informatics and IM policies and procedures. Searches technical literature on the equipment, applications and systems architecture and implements corrective action.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Information Technology
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an office environment as an IT Support.
- Experience providing services directly to clients in person, electronically and by telephone
- Experience in using computer software/database including Microsoft Office Suite
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of and understanding of HTML5
- Knowledge of and understanding of Articulate and Storyline Programming
- Knowledge of and understanding of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrate
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro X
- Knowledge and recent experience with Moodle
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Client focus
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to network with other ITP’s, internally and externally
- Effective Communication – written and oral
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- Fluent in French (Oral and written)
- Fluent in Russian (Oral and written)
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- May be required to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends)
- May be required to travel with the team to assist on special events and training
Condition of Employment:
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
- Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Ukraine, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that Canadian Police Mission in Kyiv, Ukraine does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Contractors will be selected based on meeting mandatory requirements and having the highest rated requirement score. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies
How to apply:
- • Candidates are required to send a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachment and forwarded to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to email@example.com prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
- • Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- • Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- • Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- • Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- • The Canadian Police Mission in Kyiv does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- • Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us in advance of the scheduled interview.
- • The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Canadian Police Mission Kyiv, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.