Job title: Programme Coordinator in Ukraine
WE ACT: Women Empowerment Action Programme funded by the EU
Position Number: 00169311
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Contract type: Service Contract, SB4
Duration: 12 months (with a possibility of extension)
Programme Coordinator, under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and UNFPA Assistant Representative, and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, will be responsible for the management of Programme on gender-responsive emergency support to the COVID-19 crisis and strengthening gender equality in Ukraine.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The Fund operates globally since 1969 in more than 150 countries and territories. UNFPA focuses on women and young people, because these are the groups whose rights are often compromised UNFPA has been active in Ukraine since 1997.
For UNFPA, gender was always in the core of its mandate and center of all Program activities and interventions. UNFPA helps the Government of Ukraine, local authorities, civil society and networks to empower women and ensure their involvement into decision-making processes through development of gender policies and legislation, support of gender research and combating gender discrimination and violence.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex UNFPA Country Office environment and in close cross-team collaboration with GBV, Gender, Procurement and Communication Teams, you will support the effective results-based management of UNFPA development programme aiming to achieve the following:
Specific Objective 1) To mitigate negative economic, social, psychological, health, security implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on women and girls across Ukraine;
Output 1.1. CSOs are capacitated to provide and sustain effective GBV prevention and response services to address specifics demands caused by immediate and longer term aftermath of COVID-19 pandemic or other similar crisis situations in 12 regions of Ukraine.
Output 1.2 Holistic support to female health workers – COVID-19 first responders is ensured.
Specific Objective 2) To support the promotion of gender equality in Ukraine from a European integration perspective through increased opportunities for women’s participation in economic and public life.
Output 2.1 Country gender analysis with focus on the state of implementation of the Association Agreement/DCFTA between Ukraine and the EU produced.
Output 2.2 Local CSOs are supported in their work with international partners and the government in ‘engendering’ development interventions
Output 2.3. Enhanced Government and CSOs capacities to promote women leadership in professional and public diplomacy
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Programme implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of the programme’s Objectives;
- Deliver results in accordance with the programme’s document, work plans, communication plan and result framework;
- Draft programme reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as ad-hoc technical reports;
- Coordinate programme monitoring and evaluation, as well as audit activities;
- Ensure proper management of the budget component allocated for the programme implementation including working plans of the implementing partners;
- Ensure sustainability of the programme by securing government and CSOs ownership through active cooperation between and among all involved stakeholders and building of the national institutional capacities;
- Ensure that the programme activities comply with UNFPA global and regional guidance and policies;
- Ensure visibility of the programme in accordance with the extant EU and UNFPA visibility and communication guidelines;
- Arrange and monitor field level activities of the programme including applying online solutions;
- Assure that due security measures are in place with regard to the programme personnel and assets;
- Ensure that girls and women specifically the ones from the vulnerable groups, are consulted and engaged in programme activities design, delivery and monitoring, and represented in community-level decisions.
2. Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building
- Maintain close liaison with national and local partners, ensuring optimum participation of all relevant stakeholders;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the national authorities, CSOs and international development organizations or projects;
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information sharing including within UN family.
- Facilitate collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of programme implementation in the target municipalities of Ukraine. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to programme implementation;
- Monitor the changes in legal framework and government decisions affecting programme implementation;
- Prepare regular updates with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the programme implementation.
3. Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Manage the establishment of advocacy networks at national level;
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners in particular with a focus on public diplomacy;
- Ensure awareness about programme priorities, strategies and approaches;
- Analyze and share ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices with programme management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies;
- Map key actors such as think tanks, civil society, online/offline communities, opinion leaders and liaise with them to support the advocacy priorities;
- Contribute to implementation of the communications strategy and plan, reviewing communicational content and providing expertise in gender equality, women’s empowerment and public diplomacy in the process of the content development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management and coordination/implementation services or related field preferably in the international environment;
- Experience and understanding of implementing programmes/initiatives aimed at human rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment. Experience in advocacy for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments is an advantage.
- Proven successful experience in developing of evidence-based publications, reports, advocacy materials is desirable;
- Experience in organization of workshops, seminars, conferences, involving national and regional stakeholders;
- Experience in partnerships with corporate sector or in the area of corporate social responsibility is an advantage.
- Experience in conduction of surveys and assessments.
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into recovery issues at the national and sub-national levels;
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.).
Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Management, International Relations, Human Rights, Law, Economics, Gender Studies or other studies relevant for UNFPA mandate.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Development and Innovation
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Please apply through Programme Coordinator, WE ACT by June 7, 2021.