DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC is looking for Accountant. This is a temporary position.
Duration of assignment: 3 months with possibility of extension.
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the Ukraine Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the activity office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. The individual is also responsible for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the activity. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepares vendor and payroll tax forms and ensure these are submitted in a timely manner
- Prepares and submits monthly reconciliation reports for review
- Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s regulations
- Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with the Ukraine Tax Code; activity internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations, and the terms of the contract
- Initiates wire requests for field activity implementation
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy
- Verifies accuracy of expenses, and activity accounting codes
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances
- Compiles backup documentation for all activity related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented, scans and uploads the backup documents in DAI archiving systems
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Ensures that taxes are paid, tracked, recorded, and reported to Ukraine tax authorities and USAID
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting; experience working on USAID-funded activities preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required
- Computer literate with e-mail and word processing. Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and work as part of a team
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.