Overall purpose of the role: The Finance and Administration Assistant provides support for the day-to-day functioning of the DRC office with main focus on administration work, and the implementation of DRC programmes in the area of responsibility. The Finance and Administration Assistant reports to BM with technical management from AFAM, by way of a daily supervision from Slovyansk based Finance and Administration Officer (AFO) to:
1. Ensure smooth and timely management for admin/finance tasks.
2. Support Programme units in terms of admin/finance workflows.
- Support AFO with all specific aspects of office accounting.
- Update cashbooks on a daily basis. Involvement in processing and reception of DRC’ staff travel requests, including accommodation bookings, in area of responsibility. Perform administrative tasks related to DRC’ guest houses in Slovyansk and Severodonetsk, rented apartments, offices and any leased/owned DRC’ properties through the preparation of all documentation.
- Full maintenance of incoming/outgoing correspondence as well as organisation inter-office goods delivery/reception.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain office supplies inventory; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Provide the proper Cash Book supportive documentation, finalizing the soft and hard version of supportive documents in the Cash Book, sending scanned vouchers to archive regularly. Perform HR related tasks by acting as focal point in Slovyansk office.
- Ensure that DRC internal and donor specific procurement guidelines and procedures pertaining to conflict of interest and the international code of conduct are followed, enforced and met.
- Ensure that all documentation is prepared in a transparent and accountable manner and that relevant staff is provided with regular updates on the procurement status.
- Other tasks as requested by DRC management.
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct.
Required experience and competencies:
- Previous experience in finance, administration and private sector (1 year as a minimum).
- Experience of work in INGO is desirable.
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Jurisprudence, Management).
- Basic English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Fluent Ukraine/Russian.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Advanced organisational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Accuracy in paper work.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on successfull probation.
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2021
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with DRC, please visit DRC website, section vacancies and apply online.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.