Title of Position:
Duration of Appointment:
Estimated Start Date:
IOM Nurse – UN First Line of Defense Programme
Migration Health Unit
As soon as possible
Full time – 1,400 USD/month; Half Time – 700 USD/month
Nature of consultancy:
On 12 March 2020, the WHO characterized the COVID-19 outbreak as a “pandemic” as the virus spreads increasingly worldwide. In response to an increasing number of COVID-19 cases in Ukraine and in order to ensure safety and security for the staff along with business continuity, the system wide Contingency Plan and agency-specific Business Continuity Plans has been activated for the offices of all UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes working in Ukraine.
To support the UN Model of Care and the first line of defense, IOM has been designated to ensure improved access of UN personnel and dependents to healthcare in Ukraine and selected central Asian countries.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Consultant will contribute to the implementation of the UN First Line of Defense Programme in Ukraine.
UN/IOM First Line of Defense Initiative Migration Health Physician in Ukraine is holding an active role to implement the programme “Provision of Health Services Consequential to COVID 19 to the UN Staff and Other Eligible Beneficiaries in Ukraine and Central Asia”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Providing online and phone consultations (telehealth) to UN personnel on the issues related to corona virus prevention, personal protection and care
- During ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, IOM Nurse assists the IOM Physician in order to provide telehealth/remote advice (on the phone / online) on the basic medical precautions to be taken to prevent further spread of the disease in UN community in Ukraine.
- IOM Nurse assists with the provision of over the call consultation to UN personnel on any other health condition need medical advice
- Arrange necessary appointment for UN Personal and their dependents
2. To perform contact tracing and monitoring
- IOM Nurse should assist the IOM Physician with the health status monitoring call to diagnosed home isolated COVID-19 UN personnel to ensure severe cases are being referred/ medically evacuated as per UN guideline.
- IOM Nurse does telephonic contact tracing among close and casual contacts to diagnosed COVID-19 cases and monitor their health status.
3. Providing Clinical Services and Referrals to UN personnel (General Medicine, including corona virus prevention, personal protection and care, including mobile services)
- Provide assistance at the IOM designated clinic (General Medicine) to UN staff members and dependents with prior appointment.
- Assists with the provision of Preventive health care services and health promotion.
- Assists with the provision of basic radiology services (at the IOM Designated Clinic).
- Refer to specialist consultations, including imaging services such as ultrasound, MRI and CT scans.
- The Mobile Services (COVID-19 and NON COVID-19 related) –assistance to the IOM Physician at the UN staff and dependent’s home.
Tangible and Measurable Output of the Work Assignment:
- IOM Nurse - FLoD works 20 (half time) /40 (Full time) hours in a week. The appointment hours are identified by the IOM management. Extra hour calls or personal appointments may take place in emergency situations.
- Enter medical data in the institutional Electronic Health Record system
- Ensure daily handover
- Produce weekly report
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
All tasks above are performed to full satisfaction IOM HQ/RO/Mission and in line with UN expectation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Master degree is strongly preferred.
- Medical License to practice in Ukraine.
- A minimum of five (5) years of continuous clinical experience.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of the MS Office application.
- Experience in working in intensive care unit / medical call centre is add value.
- Excellent written and communication skills strong organizational capability.
- Proven ability to produce quality work to set deadlines.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- Knowledge of other regional language is advantageous.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV (containing names and contact information of three referees) and cover letter to:
IOM Kyiv: firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Mykhailivska St., Kyiv, 01001
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 24 September 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.