About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the SURGe Project:
In October, 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MoES) and the State Service of Education Quality of Ukraine (SSEQ), supported by the international donor projects, launched the system for quality assurance for school education. The quality assurance for school education – is a powerful instrument for positive changes in education field, impacting each Ukrainian family. As the result – more comfortable environment for schoolchildren (psychological and physical) at schools, qualitative HR policy and professional development of teachers of each school, focus on individual growth of each pupil, ecological management, inclusivity.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for an Expert in inclusive education (focus on special education needs) to develop and deliver a set of recommendations, training materials on special education needs policy, as well as to lead the needs assessment on inclusive education. The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the reform team lead and to the SURGe Sector Lead.
Level of Effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 3 months (till the end of December 2020) with a possibility of extension (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate should be able to get registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3rd group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Design and participate in conducting detailed needs assessment and consultations with stakeholders on the quality assurance reform, specifically with the vulnerable groups of children with special education needs;
• Tailor and conduct focus-groups and interviews with the stakeholders regarding the inclusive education in Ukrainian schools;
• Work on legal acts on quality assurance to ensure that the inclusive education is entrenched into those;
• Take part in development of recommendations for schools on how to ensure inclusive educational environment in schools;
• Contribute to preparation of materials for an online course for principals on internal quality assurance regarding the inclusive education;
• Contribute to the training materials developed for institutions audit to ensure that the needs of children with SEN are included;
• Contribute to the materials on internal quality assurance for the principals to ensure that the needs of children with SEN are included.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Master Degree in Education/Social Sciences/Humanities/Medicine
• No less than 5-year experience in inclusive education
• Proven knowledge of the special education needs policies is mandatory
• Proven knowledge of the Ukrainian education policies, in particular in the sphere of inclusive education
• Participation in projects or activity related to quality assurance and inclusive education
• Good communication skills
• Impeccable ethical standards
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on September 30, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages)
2) Applicant letter of interest (max. 500 words.)
Please ensure to state Expert on inclusive education in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.