Chemonics International Inc. USAID Transformation Communications Activity. Job Title: Broadcast Creative Development Lead. Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Broadcast Creative Development Lead
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
Chemonics seeks a broadcast creative development lead for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the government of Ukraine, private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends, and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The broadcast creative development lead will be responsible for broadcast content design and implementation. Broadcast content is content for Ukrainian TV channel and Cinema distribution. The broadcast creative development lead will coordinate closely with project leadership and other team leads to develop consistent strategic content to support the program’s goals and objectives. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Design and conceptualize broadcast content and oversee production to respond to the current Ukrainian political and social environment and TCA’s established goals and objectives
- Coordinate with the deputy chief of party, strategic communications lead, and digital creative development lead to develop strategic and consistent content
- Monitor industry trends and stay up-to-date on the latest broadcast and production approaches to incorporate into the overall program design
- Select appropriate media tools for programming and outreach TV, for social media platforms, mobile platforms, or websites
- Manage public relations and media relations for events, activities, and announcements as needed
- Provide strategic guidance to ensure that design solutions support specific goals and objectives
- Monitor to ensure that activity implementation and reporting adhere to activity agreement and timelines
- Engage experts as consultants for scripting and production of social impact content
- Maintain a strong and positive working relationship with clients and partners, such as USAID, local government counterparts, CSOs, academic centers
- Work with external partners to deliver high-level creative products
- Provide technical assistance to grantees, subcontractors, and potential partners as required, during the activity preparation stage and in the implementation phase in coordination with other relevant staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University degree in journalism, strategic communications, sociology, political science or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in broadcast, production, and content development
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience developing audiovisual content with the social component and knowledge of the Ukrainian media market
- Proven knowledge of local and international media organizations and production companies implementing relevant activities in country, as well as key governmental actors and stakeholders, with an up-to-date understanding and knowledge of the political environment and social conditions in the country
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners, and partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the context of interacting with international and Ukrainian officials, civil society organizations, staff members and government of Ukraine agency representatives
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than October 2, 2020. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.