Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Research and Analytics Manager
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Research and Analytics Manager will support the Research and Analytics Director on TCA’s Objective 1 research and analysis, media monitoring and resource oversight. Specifically, the Manager will support data analytics and deep dive research.
- Coordinates with and supports the Research and Analytics Director and MEL team in conducting nationwide research on media consumption, media trends, public perceptions etc.
- Liaises with universities, academic centers, ministries, and CSOs as needed to collect information necessary to inform programming and partner outreach.
- Researches a range of media, marketing, advocacy, policy, outreach, and operational issues to inform the development and implementation of TCA activities.
- Liaises with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing activities, and highlight potential risks to project delivery under the guidance of the Research and Analytics Director.
- Support the Research and Analytics Director with developing internal “deep dive” sessions and external “pause and reflect” sessions with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate reporting templates to all pertinent staff members.
- Conduct nationwide research on media consumption, political perception, and civic participation.
- Perform data analysis, generate reports and findings, and create graphics to contribute to reporting requirements and project communications products.
- Support the achievement of overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics, communications, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of research and analytics experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political context, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing M&E systems to capture key lessons learned from complex and/or sensitive activities.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link:
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Application deadline - September 18, 2020