The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the UK Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of a temporary Election Analyst Assistant for 2020 local elections.
About NDI’s Election Programming: With the support of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and in close cooperation with NDI Ukraine’s programs, a team of thematic analysts will work to assess different aspects of the election environment before the 2020 local elections in Ukraine. Due to the covid-19 restrictions, the team will work remotely. This is a full-time paid position. A successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible, but no later than the first week of September. The contract will last until mid-November.
Job Title: Election Analyst Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes research on election related topics;
- Establishes and maintains regular contacts with the election stakeholders;
- Arranges and hosts online meetings with election stakeholders and partners;
- Provides written and oral interpretation to/from English from/to Ukrainian;
- Drafts analysis of relevant election related resources, as required;
- Prepares presentations for briefings;
- Provides overall logistical support to NDI’s election activities;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the analyst.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Law, International Relations or a related field
- Experience of working on election related projects or assignments is strongly preferred
- Experience in a field of democracy strengthening or in an international organization is desirable
- Keen interest in and good understanding of political and civic landscape, election legislation, media environment in Ukraine
- Experience of providing written and oral translation from/to Ukrainian to/from English
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work both individually and in a team
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in PDF as one file in English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position (Election Analyst Assistant) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on August 12, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview. A successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible but no later than the first week of September 2020.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.