Tetra Tech is looking for a Senior Renewable Energy Advisor who will help to promote conditions for development of renewable energy in Ukraine. This person will be part of the Renewable Energy team and report to ESP COP. This is a full-time position.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is looking for a Senior Renewable Energy Advisor who will help to promote conditions for development of renewable energy in Ukraine. This person will be part of the Renewable Energy team and report to ESP COP. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv.
- Lead in reviewing and advising counterparts on policies and regulations on renewable energy, competitive energy procurement;
- Contribute to assessment of power sector policy, regulatory and technical framework with reference to RE development;
- Manage communication, presentations and training for relevant stakeholders responsible for renewable energy development;
- Proactively support promotion of grid-connected renewable energy, including organization of RE auctions;
- Collect RE data and conduct research and analyses on activities as requested by ESP management;
- Contribute to program monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Support in RE capacity building event and knowledge management activities;
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and other meetings as needed;
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with counterparts, other ESP employees, and subcontractors.
- Support project management to effectively manage project activities related to renewable energy;
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the project needs.
- 7 years of relevant experience in renewable energy sector preferred
- 5 years of experience as an advisor to public entities (ministries, regulatory bodies, finance authorities, system operators) and/or work in the private sector as a developer of renewable projects preferred;
- Strong knowledge of global best practices for Renewables;
- Strong knowledge of grid integration, the location of renewables, and auction designs
- Demonstrated experience in designing and analyzing energy policies and strategies;
- Graduate degree preferred, in renewable energy, environmental management, energy engineering, business administration or a related degree deemed appropriate by Tetra Tech;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong organization/analytical skills: experience working with detailed technical data and reports;
- Strong MS Office computer skills: knowledge of project management software is a plus;
- Ability to maintain flexibility, problem solve, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English preferred;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.