Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is recruiting for a variety of energy sector experts to implement technical activities, coordinate closely with the client and local stakeholders, and work closely with the program management team. All positions are based in Kyiv.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is recruiting for a variety of energy sector experts to implement technical activities, coordinate closely with the client and local stakeholders, and work closely with the program management team. All positions are based in Kyiv, with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine.
- Adoption of distributed energy, electric vehicles and/or modern gas systems;
- Diversification of energy resources;
- Energy policy and regulatory reform;
- Energy procurement systems;
- Market competition promotion (energy-specific);
- Modern energy technologies: design, adoption, integration and scale-up;
- Natural gas infrastructure;
- Private sector engagement;
- Regional connectivity;
- Regional trade for electricity and gas;
- Utility improvement and transformation;
- Formalization of business processes and full technical description related for license module functioning in data warehouse;
- Maintaining the process of programming interfaces and control of their implementation;
- Development of program prototypes.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, computer science or similar technical field;
- A master’s degree or equivalent in economics, energy, engineering, finance, management, policy, legal, and/or other related fields;
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects, with demonstrable experience in the electricity sector;
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded energy projects in Ukraine required;
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders;
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in Ukraine is required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.