Координатор з громадянської освіти в IFES. Дедлайн - 16 березня 2020 року.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Civic Education Officer.
The Civic Education Officer will exercise leadership in the design and implementation of IFES’ civic education initiatives in Ukraine. As a member of the Civic Education project team, the Civic Education Officer will be responsible for development and timely implementation high quality activities under the supervision of the IFES Civic Education and Electoral Justice Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Civic Education and Electoral Justice Manager, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks;
- Lead special initiatives to support IFES’ civic education course “Democracy: from theory to practice” at universities (i.e. digitalization of the course for universities, developing and promoting the civic education course for online platforms, etc.);
- Develop and implement voter education/digital literacy activities for various target groups;
- Contribute to the strategic design and expansion of IFES Ukraine’s civic education initiatives and activities;
- Identify university teachers’ needs in trainings/re-trainings and provide ongoing support to teachers;
- Plan and organize teachers’ training and retraining (development of curriculum, training materials, identifying experts and facilitators);
- Plan and organize capacity building events, lessons learned events and networking for trainers and teachers;
- Draft, review and provide input to IFES’ civic education materials;
- Contribute to IFES reporting, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting and other reports;
- Conduct reviews and edits on written documents, comments, and reports produced in-house;
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met;
- Ensure regular and timely contribution to monitoring &evaluation data collection and reporting;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience working on civic education issues;
- Being familiar with the Ukrainian system of higher education;
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work and complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of four years of relevant working experience;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in civic education field;
- Experience in designing / promoting online educational courses (preferred);
- Demonstrated experience working with government officials, local governments, NGOs, and the international donor community;
- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills;
- Experienced in organizing events.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest in English, with “Civic Education Officer” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman email@example.com and Maksym Palamarchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 16, 2020.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.