Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Grants and Subcontracts Assistant (Kramatorsk).
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. Activities across the two objectives will be implemented across four project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, and Mariupol. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Kramatorsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist Grants and Subcontracts Manager in the production, review, and management of the grants and subcontracts, applications, approvals, implementation and close-out processes;
- Assist in preparation and announcement of RFA/RFP/RFQs on official websites;
- Follow up announced RFA/RFP/RFQs, collect and file applications, proposals, bids;
- Assist in scheduling and organizing pre-proposal conference and evaluation committee meetings;
- Assist in preparation of all necessary documents and packages for evaluation committees and provide information and support to evaluation panel.
- Assist in inviting applicants for interviews, searching for reference checks and visual compliances, sending notifications to the selected or rejected applicants.
- Assist Grants and Subcontracts Manager in preparation of grant agreements and subcontracts, collection of supporting documents for approval, signing and filing;
- Label and maintain complete electronic and hard copy files for each grant, subcontract and DDGS activity; scan and upload documents on SD;
- Maintain and routinely update grants and Subcontracts databases, Grants/SC/DDGS tracker and RFA/RFP tracker;
- Assist in submission of PARs for in kind of grant procurement to procurement team and on needed bases coordinate with procurement team on in-kind grants and DDGS procurements;
- Provide information to G&SC team / Kyiv office on inventory, which was procured under grants and provide information on inventory disposition plans and schedules.
- Assist in submission of Grants/SC payment requests Finance Assistant of the regional office, making sure that documentation, and disbursements are in line with USAID and Chemonics procedures, and all supporting documents are attached to the payment requests.
- Assist the Grants and Subcontracts Manager during implementation phase of the grants and subcontracts, collecting reports and following up questions from beneficiaries;
- Assist Grants and Subcontracts Manager during grants and subcontracts close out;
- Perform other support duties as requested.
- · University degree in business administration, finance or related field required OR at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, procurement, or grants experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience;
- · Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred;
- · Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
- · Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- · Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- · Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications;
- · Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line: “GSA-KRA” by December 18, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”